So, what is a neutral shade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'll put my day job hat on as a Decorator :)

The vast majority of my clients asking for rental properties to be decorated go for white and magnolia, with more and more choosing a 'not quite magnolia tint' because its old hat. Magnolia is a very forgiving colour to less than perfect wall texture-add to that its neutral and stays looking fresh whilst not showing dirt too badly. Its a great colour, spoilt only by its popularity and the fact I've painted too many hundreds of rooms in it.
Magnolia and white are the cheapest paint colours by far and come in large 10-15 litre pots; another reason for its popularity as maintainence cycles are far cheaper.

From the sounds of your existing colours, something along the lines of Almond white (a nice creamy yellow), Gardenia (almost magnolia) or Dulux Hessian will go well if you don't want the dreaded magy.

I'd steer clear of white for a rental unless its toilets and kitchens-it shows dirt badly. Toilets and kitchens should have a washable finish and white is fine for it as the dirt will clean off easily.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE