So can we go camping ? Scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
There was some who turned up here just before Easter, I'll just say that it didn't go down well with the residents!

I think what annoys me most is that people don't think about the possible subsequent consequences of their actions. I could easily pop out from my place and disappear for a few nights out in the forest or mountains, no one would see me, have I? I've been tempted but no I haven't.
If the preverbial hit the fan and I needed help that would force the services and teams into coming into close proximity, that wouldn't be fair with the current situation.

I don't know if the numbers have changed but before this virus hit Raigmore Hospital in Inverness only had 7 ICU beds, the maximum being 8! Raigmore, the most northerly critical care unit, covers a huge area, we definitely don't need any extra load on the health service up here.
I have to agree. The general public won’t appreciate how wide an area Raigmore covers up here. They’ll not even have thought that in ‘normal’ times they have rooms available on site for family and early morning inpatients. Things like that just don’t happen elsewhere in the uk. Raigmore Is busy enough in the summer putting tourists back together doing the NC500.

I do feel extra protective as my wife occupied one of those ICU beds when she gave birth to our twins and didn’t stop bleeding. It’s a very small unit and even in pre Covid times if those beds were filled you were helicoptered elsewhere in Scotland like Aberdeen, Edinburgh etc without your family.

Reactions: DocG and Dogoak

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a family friendly forum. If you don't want to hear it repeated from a primary school aged child's mouth, don't post it. If they can read it, they'll say it.

I think it's patience on the camping and climbing.
Most of the car parks are closed, if you leave your car in a passing place then if it's spotted it'll get towed. Those narrow roads are the normal highways for local folks.
The Mountain Rescue teams aren't at full muster, and have also asked for patience.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Please DON'T head north from south of the Wall yet. If you're resident in Scotland, please be sensible and follow the current restrictions so that you don't put unnecessary pressure on the emergency services. As has been said, Raigmore and Dr Grey's have very limited facilities that should be conserved for local residents. Aberdeen does not need more to do.
We've all coped so far by keeping on keeping on, so let's just grit our collective teeth and wait for restrictions to be lifted.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
A little advice for Wales also at this time.

1. If you live in Wales and you arent travelling to work or a medical appointment you should only travel less than 5 miles from your home.

2. Exercise should begin AND end at your home.

3. If you dont live in Wales then Wales is pretty much closed to you currently which means no sneaky trips into Wales to go up Snowdon etc.

4. Most beaches and beauty spots are closed, as are most car parks, and of course cafes and toilets.

If in doubt, dont do it eh?

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Please dont try and come around here. It appears the cops have been heavily criticised for spending to much of their shifts sitting by the fire as they are now being very active and turning visitors away! The local shops are also becoming more militant at refusing to serve people that aren't local. The locals are fighting back! There isn't anywhere around here where you can park a vehicle and hide it so tourists will be found.

Please come when it is OK and safe for all of us for you to do so.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I did write 'bottom' but the censorship gits changed it to bottom, delicate little souls or should that be 'soles....

So, let me get this straight, you've called Toddy a git, for changing something that you wrote to bypass the auto system that I set up?
Previously you've called us snowflakes for editing the same thing - must be something you're fixated with - and endeavoured to bypass the system so you're well aware of it. Yet we're the git's?

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
So, let me get this straight, you've called Toddy a git, for changing something that you wrote to bypass the auto system that I set up?
Previously you've called us snowflakes for editing the same thing - must be something you're fixated with - and endeavoured to bypass the system so you're well aware of it. Yet we're the git's?
I sense a disturbance in the force....

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Is Mt 606 aware he has called a woman a git? Well done for the measured reply from Toddy.
Perhaps mt606 would be a real man and apologise?

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
I do apologise..... I thought it was some computer program thing that was censoring words(and FYI the local scrotes use language a lot worse than what I tried to write) that didn't realise twas a mod as it did it nigh on instantly......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE