Snugpak underquilt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammockarcher

Apr 26, 2013
Lancashire
Hello new on here so no idea if this been asked but is the snug pal underquilt any good and if so best place to buy one. Also is the hennessy system any good or any others you can recommend only problem just lost my job so need one quick before I spend my redundancy money lol thank you

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Welcome, Ive never seen a Snugpak underquilt but I know snugpak well and its great stuff but I imagine its really quite big to carry with a sleeping bag also. Personally I would go down insulation just because its not going to wet underneath you and smaller packsize.

garethw

Settler
Hi there & welcome to the forum,
I've got the Underquilt and as said above it is warm & well, Snug!!. I've used it to minus temps without getting cold. Its as bulky as a synthetic three season bag, but I can fit it and a Highlander Ranger 1 sleeping bag into the bottom of a LA Sting pack no problem. I've still well over half the pack left for clothes and food.
Naturally a down one would be less bulk, but I think for the price, ease of use and warmth the Snugpack is hard to beat. I got mine off the web from DD hammocks.

As for hammocks, take a look at the DD range for the price they are great... A Frontier would probably suit your needs. I don't know first hand what Hennesy's are like, but I've a Warbonnet Blackbird that is brilliant. But you can check out some really nice hammocks on the UK hammocks website. He does his own models plus sells Warbonnet.

Regards
Gareth

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hello new on here so no idea if this been asked but is the snug pal underquilt any good and if so best place to buy one. Also is the hennessy system any good or any others you can recommend only problem just lost my job so need one quick before I spend my redundancy money lol thank you

Hello mate, welcome to the forum!!

I'm a new hanger myself, iv had my own hammock set up since Xmas and love it.

I went down the dd frontier hammock and so far it's bee excellent!!

Yes there are better and most certainly lighter hammocks but for a newbie it's really easy to set up and you will pretty much get your money back if you decide to sell it on.

I also got the snugpak under quilt, it works fine, I used it this weekend and was toasty warm!!
I have however had a few cold nights in it, it is very heavy and bulky.

I use on top a uk hammocks winter top quilt and its bloody amazing!!

My advice to you would put the £85 cost of the snugpak towards one of these -
http://ukhammocks.co.uk/shop/articl...t2u8T7VyIhzkkLB&shop_param=cid=4&aid=57.-001&

It's alot lighter and rated down to minus 15 so can be used in all wether.
I certainly wish I had of waited and bought a down under quilt!!
They also do 3 season under quilts too which are a little bit cheaper, but I figure if you get a winter one you can always take layers off/sleep in your pants I your too hot in nice weather.

That's my 2 pence worth, but you will save money in the long run I you go for good quality down now, yes £157 is expensive, but paying £85 for Ye snugpak then £157 for the down is even more expensive lol!!

If there is anything else I can do let me no.

Atb
Steve

GunnySonics

Apr 24, 2013
Moray
i cant rate "snugpack" enough i wore the jacket and trousers on Dartmoor in -9 whilst on a hunting trip, i wore it over the top of the standard soldier 95 camo and i was as snug as a bug in a rug, they come in small compression sacks (mine did anyway) and although a bit bulky well worth having on you at all times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE