Snugpak 'Response Pak' any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
They are excellent. I use mine a lot. I think it cost £16, which is far cheaper than the near-identical maxpedition Proteus. In fact when I bought it the assistant had to check the price as he thought it should cost more.

It works as a bum bag or a shoulder bag, or can be strapped to another rucsac.

I usually carry a waterproof jacket in the main pouch, Arktis windshirt in one side pouch and either a GPS, drink or monocular in the other. Can also be used to carry radio kit for Raynet use etc.

It does look a bit military but not too much.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
I have one and am thinking about getting a second to live on my PLCE webbing as a rear pouch set.

I keep all my camera equipment in it - DSLR in the main pouch, along with a Fujifilm jobbie, some lenses, filters and a small bean bag. One of the end pouches contains 8 x 4packs of rechargable AA batteries, the other end contains more filters, USB cable, memory disk readers - and occasionally a mini harddisk. The front pouch contains a battery charges, more filters & a mini tripod. Then I have a tripod held on the outside.

All in all a well built robust pouch - well worth the investment!

Froogle have some VERY cheap listings for it.
http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle...005-18,GGLD:en&q=snugpak response&sa=N&tab=wf

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh! dont show that to me, i have a bum bag fetish!

But I have a big blue thing by GAP which is mercifully very similar.

(my karrimor Raid 5 is still on offer if anyone wants one)

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I've thought of getting one of these to wear underneath the rocketpak when I don't wanto to carry the bergen.

Would be good to keep the essentials in.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
It is not often we get things cheaper this side of the pond. The Proteus (seems identical) is $55 or £30. So the £11.40 quoted for the Response Pak is pretty good.

It is robust - had mine over a year and no real wear.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Well I grabed one off ebay, the price is not bad at all. I wanted something a little smaller then a rucksack for carrying stuff for the day or to wear at the same time as a rucksack.

I hate having my pockets full of stuff when I am walking about, GPS/Phone etc, as I need it to hand.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
They are great little bags.
I keep my pocho rolled up under the handle of mine as well as a psk, titainium cup,fak,meths burner,fuel,water filter etc,etc,etc in the main pouches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE