Snugpak Elite 3 Storing advice?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Hey guys

I have had a sleeka jacket for a few years and always store it out of the stuff sack as recommended (just hang it in wardrobe) but I was wondering about the elite series sleeping bags?

Just got myself an elite 3 and it doesn't say anything on the packaging about storing it unrolled? I can see how this might effect the material being compressed for long periods of time but ideally would like to just roll it up and stick in my bag when not in use.

So am I just over thinking and it doesn't really matter or should I store it unrolled/compressed?

Any input welcome

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I store ALL my insulated gear (sleeping bags, jackets etc) un rolled, uncompressed and in big breathable bags (home made, lining material bags) on top of the wardrobe or unger the bed.
To do otherwise is to invite an early demise of any lofting ability.
IMHO.

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Yea I figured as much. Oh well no biggie. I guess i just like the idea of having a pack ready to grab and go! Cheers dudes

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
It almost makes me worry when rolling it up the night before ready to take a trip in the morning. I guess its long term that does the damage as of course its designed to be rolled and carried... ?

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Have you tried the bag yet ?, i've got one, and used mine in march/april, and found it realy warm/snug, in a bivvi bag(hooped), i then used it august, and found it to warm in a one man tent.
I do store it un compressed, but its ok for the night before you go out, as you will compress it while packing it anyway.

Rob

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Hey woof,

Havn't tried the bag yet, I am sleeping out tonight so will let you know how I get on with it.

To be honest I'm not surprised it was a bit too warm in august, its designed to be a pretty warm bag, the kind I see myself using october - april range.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE