Snugpak Bergen - USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snugpak Bergen are good bags

• Total voters
Don’t post here much but it is always a good read. Anyway thinking of purchasing a Snugpak Bergen with yoke. I have found a distributor here in the states. But I am having a hard time finding anyone that can tell me if they are good packs. I really like the design and the ability make a small daypack out of the main pack. Anyway any information you could provide would be great thanks.

Primitiveliver

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Primitiveliver

I have 4 items by Snugpak and have no reason for complaint. My day sack is a 'sleeka force 35', good broad padded shoulder straps allows me to carry weight without pain in the neck or shoulder. Draw cords on side pockets and main my only grumble is a small piece of Velcro on the mesh pocket but the I just hate Velcro

The integral waterproof camo cover works really well for me, the whole rucky washes up like new.

I know its not the model you are looking at but I would expect the same quality and design features.

Pothunter.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
I don't have a snugpak bergen though it looks like a real nice pack. Have you considered the MOLLE II riflemans pack system. If you like the small daypack it has one, as well as other removable pockets. Just a suggestion.

Yep I have looked at the MOLLE II system though after talking with a few guys that have deployed with it I will pass. One of the got so made at the pack setup he had is ALICE and LC1 stuff sent from home. The other problem for some reason it is very hard to find current/recent issue true Mil. equipment new from the manufacture or distributors. Anyway thank for the input if anyone else has two cents I would be greatful.

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
I have a 40 litre snugpack rocket pack with 2 10 litre side pouches and a yoke. It is a tidy piece of kit well padded and comfortable on long trips. it also has a fold out cover and it is fully waterproffed. i have had it out in some down pours with no problems. I recently was issued a karrimor sabre 45 litre with side pouches it is very similar to the snug pak and the parts i have found are interchangable. i highly recommend the snugpak if thats what you are after, very handy if you want to leave bulk of kit at camp and walk out for a few hours using the side pouches as a small day sack.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
Did they say what they didn't like about the MOLLE system. I have one but have yet to take it out in the woods. Guess I need to do that and maybe I'll see for myself. I thought it was supposed to be the latest and greatest. :( Now you've got me wondering if I need to start looking for a new pack. :sigh:

Well I should probably start by saying that the few guys I spoke with were older and started with ALICE and LC systems. Having said that a lot of the complaints where regarding how they felt when walking, running, and all the other things that ground pounders do. They also thought the workman ship was lacking. Personal I am not a soldier and I have never used the MOLLE II system. I would use the pack you have and see what you think.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
I have both the MOLLE II system and Large ALICE packs. Have been happy with both but liked the MOLLE system because you can mix and match pouches. But I guess when your walking for miles you see the pros and cons of each. Guess I need to do a little hiking. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE