Snowmegadon UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
So has anyone had the much media hyped and talked about snow yet? Sat in Nottingham and it looks too warm to settle, but we might get some tonight and possibly Thursday.
Rich

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
We've had a dusting down to 1100ft here but we're just below that level. It's now mizzling and not really looking like snow weather.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Had three inches last week and its been snowing very lightly here for the last hour or so, not even a covering yet

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It's been kind of sleeting with snow at nearly sea level in Lancaster. So heavily it's been flooding a lot in places. Too wet to stick but it's coming down heavy at times.

It'll get cold later nearer home time. Probably stick where there's no puddles.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
NE Scotland, and nothing here. I'm right on the coast so all the salt keeps it at bay. The most I've seen on cars is a couple of inch. I have a few dishes and bowls in the garden filled with water, these are frozen over, temps in the day of 1c to 2c and at night of -2c or -3c.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Slight rainmageddon here, not very cold at all.

I watched a weather forecast on the Beeb earlier and the man said he was unsure of what to expect for the southeast and southern region. So, not really a forecast at all, hopeless.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Woke up to snow this morning, but it mostly thawed, then it sort of half heartedly sleeted on and off. Tonight it's -2 just now and everything's iced up since it was sodden wet.
Snow might be a kindness rather than this ice on every pavement around.
Clear cold skies just now though.

M

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Still waiting for snowmageddon. I'm well prepared foodwise, fuelwise, candles and lamps, extra blankets.... so far just liquid sunshine! A bit of snow on the top of the moor I'm told but nothing in this vally so far. I've put out over 1kg of nuts for the birds this week so far and about a dozen fat balls, and a block of cheese, poor little mites sure are powering through the high energy food!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
No time until snow time, huh? Good luck with the event.
Time to experiment with camping foods, ration packs and all. Light some candles just for the hell of it.
Practice your bannock recipe. Raisins, tea/coffee and bacon are your friends.
Just so nothing is a suprise when you get away from the house.

Ice? My damaged sense of balance keeps me off the walks and on the roads instead.
I've got volcanic pumice grit to fling around but it's jet black.
So when it heats up in the sun, the particles sink in the ice and I'm no better off than I was in the beginning.

Despite the location, July is our wettest month.
In the last 15 years, I can only ever recall being snowed in once.
We got 40-45" overnight with no wind. Absolutely amazing snowfall.
Got out the flour and the yeast. Baked all day and forgot the weather.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Robson get some boot snow grips. I found last winter when we had some snow these helped me feel secure and stay upright. Got an ice spike for my walking stick too and I didn't slip once. I use the wood ashes on my cleared path with some road grit sand salt mixture to keep my path safe. As the council don't grit the road from the main road to my road have to do it ourselves. We have a few grit bins dotted about the town and I just go get a bucketful for my path from door to road. Works well. ATM my plastic sled is getting rusty! Always the same. I prep for the worst and never get it. Don't bother and I do.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Its coming from the west so what ever happens it will be wet, and not hanging around for long. Would you believe it Janne ? The daily mail got it wrong !
I assumed it was the same system that hit the Lofotens moving in a south-westerly direction.
You are lucky if it did not! They had a bad few days!
1.5 meters of snow fell in less than three days.

Stay safe!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Weather forecasts: find a site that shows you the flow pattern for the upper level Jet Stream.
That thing drags surface air masses with it.

I like to walk in the snow, my rubber cane tip is far less slippery than I ever imagined.
Been meaning to drop by the maker's shop and ask about a spear tip.
There is a really neat fold-away set of ice claws that can be added to a cane.
My gardener/shopper is a younger fellow and I'm quite willing for him to be my legs.

If anything here, I stay off any place that looks like some fool has cleared it. Then the residue melted into ice.
I walk across my front yard to the street. I don't want it shovelled clear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE