Snowdon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Afternoon all,
After several failed peaks this year (weather/available daylight/less able companions), I said to my mate Ryan 'WE WILL DO A PEAK BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT'... Snowdon was chosen and mission accomplished :D

Your intrepid adventurers; myself...
IMG_0012.jpg

...and Ryan
IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Up on Pyg Track...

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

At the top...

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

A scary bottom descent...

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Back by the Miners Track...

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

That is all :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Stunning pics Colin

I need to get myself back up there again one day, last time I did it was with some pals from school and we were hauling 25kg packs

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Stunning pics Colin

I need to get myself back up there again one day, last time I did it was with some pals from school and we were hauling 25kg packs

Would not like to have tried the last section before the ridge with anything bigger than day sacks... after lunch I looked back down the way we had come and thought crikey!

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Yeah, glad you made it safely. Certainly looks more 'interesting' than when I did it last September, looked very similar weather to what Large Sack had

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Great post,Got plans to climb up snowdon sometime next year.Really looking forward it.
How long dose it take to climb up and back ? I spouse it depends on which route you take.
We was thinking at staying at a pub campsite called the cwellyn arms at the foot of snowdon and going from there.

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I stayed at the Cwellyn Arms when I went, campsite's decent enough, and it's about a 10-15 min walk to the pub from there, although the pub's quite expensive.
Here's a view out on to Llyn Cwellyn from the campsite
DSCF1142.jpg

We were lucky in that we had 2 cars, so parked one around Pen-y-Pass, went up via Miners/Pyg track and back down the Rhyd Ddu track which takes you back down to near the pub (we used the other car to pick up the one from Pen-y-Pass)

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Great post,Got plans to climb up snowdon sometime next year.Really looking forward it.
How long dose it take to climb up and back ? I spouse it depends on which route you take.
We was thinking at staying at a pub campsite called the cwellyn arms at the foot of snowdon and going from there.

I've been up twice, but each time the weather was glorious. If you take the carpark by the hostel as the start then a 49 yr old male with a bit of a beer gut managed Cryb Goch in about 5 - 5 1/2 hrs to summit + back by Miners Track ...say 7 hrs total. Pyg Track in about 4 hrs to summit and about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs back down. Left it a bit late to start in October and didn't get back down til about 19.00....pitch black.

But time of year...number of strollers in your way, weather, weight carried, size of belly and age/fitness all need to be factored in. We were just with day packs,water, snacks as we were being well looked after upon our return ..ahem...real beds and a roof ;)

Cheers
Sack

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Yeah - we did it in 2 hours from Pen-Y-Pass (359m) car park and up the Pyg track to the top. Weather had been bad all night and so we decided to take a quicker route just in case - in the end it wasn't too bad.
Haven't stayed at that camp site, but the one at the head of Llyn Gwynant was brilliant - views across the lake and fires permitted using their firebox's (bag of wood/kindling was about £5).

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Would love to climb snowdon but my missus wouldnt do it so i havent for any mates who would be interested
:(.

Explain to the other half that you don't climb Snowdon, you walk up it. Its uphill but not hard in nice weather so take your time, stop often, get your breath, take in the views, eat your packed lunch and you will both have a great day. :)

bristolsparks

Jul 19, 2011
bristol
Thanks rik. Ill have a word with her later. Im sure she will come round to it.
I convinced her to go canoeing last year and she enjoyed it so much we are going again this year so a a nights camping and walking up a big hill should be easy to blag lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE