Tryfan and the glyders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faultline

Feb 18, 2014
Essex
Back from a top day out in north wales.

It started Sunday afternoon when me and my mate got to snowdonia national park, we stopped at the farm at the base of Tryfan and pitched our tents before going off on a little scouting mission to see which route we were going to take the next morning.

unetunyh.jpg

urapypy8.jpg

zehu6uve.jpg

We got back to camp at around 7pm and out came the hobo stove for a little cook up, then out came a little treat!

ma5emamu.jpg

a5umejyj.jpg

5yzyjy6e.jpg

The next morning we were up and ready by 6am, we set off into the mist and drizzle and headed straight for the north face and started our scramble up.

ubahyva4.jpg

ata5umy5.jpg

They were some hairy moments as the climb became quite steep and the rocks we were climbing got more wet.
We got about 2/3rds of the way up and there were 2 obvious routes up, we chose right and carried on scrambling up, we went up some very steep gullys at this point!
But we finally pulled ourselves over the ridge and climb up to Adam and Eve.

esaryma5.jpg

me6a6ydy.jpg

We then set off to the far south peak and skirted around that and started the descent to the miners track.

tysy3a3u.jpg

We followed the track half way round and then scrambled up the side of glyder fach.
We reached the cantilever stone and then went on to the peak.

9edejuhy.jpg

re6ymage.jpg

We then set off to the summit of glyder fawr and climbed the jagged rock at the peak till our altimeter said 1001m!

e9ageqab.jpg

zu5u4ysa.jpg

We then started the descent and had a great time skidding down devils kitchen.

uqa9usuq.jpg

gebu3aqy.jpg

We got back to the road and then walked back to camp.
A brilliant day that could have only been bettered if the weather was nice.
Had a lot of fun scrambling and climbing rock to get up Tryfan and then a nice long hike around the glyders.

Last few pics

upy5u7a3.jpg

ejaqevep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great stuff. :)

Looks a little greasy and I don't recognize your route up, that's one to find another day. Cracking day out. Talisker at the bottom of the Glyderau, a top combination. :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Brings back memories, a lovely place, I vividly remember sitting on the cantilever munching Kendal mint cake taking in the view or should I say MIST, zero visibility, it was August!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE