Snow smock help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DickieMitchell

May 12, 2013
Christchurch NZ
Hi everyone,
After nosing about the site I have decided to purchase a Swedish Army snow smock as they seem to be very highly thought of, the only problem is i'm struggling to find them online especially in a suitable size (i'm a skinny bugger with a 40" chest) and was hoping someone could point me to a readily available source. I should mention it now, i know Endicotts have them in stock but i have emailed them twice and haven't heard back from them so i'd rather not deal with them.
Thank you in advance
Dickie

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Funny this thread should come up, as I was interested in a snow smock too and I havn't been getting any reply to emails.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have not had replies to email before, phone is always answered though, does make you wonder why they have an email address

Inky

Nov 4, 2012
Cambridge
I too have emailed them and got no reply. They do turn up on eBay or a quick google should bring up some army surplus shops that have them. As for size, small is huge and they go up from there.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I've had no replies to emails too in the past. Nowadays I write everything I want on a scrap of paper along with my measurements, pit to pit, pit to cuff, pit to waist, waist size, inside leg etc... And give them a bell
Kev translates them into military sizes in an instant !
Also have an idea of what you want to pay, due to the grading system. You get what you pay for !

A great shop to deal with! I imagine a lot of people don't buy from them because of the website/email issues. However the returning of goods/postage Is a cost easily avoided by a phone call.

Give 'em a whirl

(no connection, just a satisfied customer)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Snow smocks come in a 46 inch chest as the smallest size IIRC. They are meant to be huge things to go over full winter gear and still have room to move, your never going to get a snug fit without some alterations.

The smock as opposed to the button up type, is a little snugger in fit I've found though.

I'm sure Kev will appreciate the feedback on the email problems too, he's not the sort of guy to not bother about peeing customers off and always eager to help IME..

DickieMitchell

May 12, 2013
Christchurch NZ
Well a phone call it will be then, bit of a bugger when you live in GMT+13 but needs must. Thanks for the sizing advice tartanferret and Teepee i figured that the smocks would have a generous cut i just dont want to look like i've nicked a sail of some kiwis' catamaran.
Cheers for the quick response guys, its very much appreciated.

DickieMitchell

May 12, 2013
Christchurch NZ
Got me snow smock today and have to take my comment back about not wanting to deal with Endicotts, truly a class act, very helpful, shame there former IT guy wasn't up to much.
Cheers for the help folks,
Dickie

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I thought that you would change tack if you did get around to trying Endies :)
I have never had a problem with them - but then I have not ever emailed them (except through their contact us bit on the website) much preferring the human voice ... and not having the time-zone issue :D
I have yet to shop anywhere with a better customer care service - and although I have only bought the odd bit there it always feels like Kev is an old friend!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE