Snow Gate Watch - for Teepee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah baby ...

Fri182.jpg

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Just back from the bothy folks. Met a guy heading out hauling a home-made pulk! Snow along the track ranged from a scuff where the wind had blown it away to knee-deep in the drifts. Average snow depth on the track I'd say was 3-6 inches but varies dramatically!

The bloke with the pulk I believe had tried to head up towards the Lairig an Loach on skis but had to turn back as ? too soft. Also met a couple who had tried to walk the Lairig Ghru but had to turn back at the Luibeg bridge as snow waist deep. Avalanche on Devils Point on Friday, thankfully burried girl was recovered quickly and no injuries.

8y9ahyvy.jpg

From the Black Bridge

egezy6eg.jpg

Looking back at the bothy

he5y9ybe.jpg

Heading for Derry Logde

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thats brilliant KP, thanks for that! :You_Rock_

Hope you had a great time up there. :)

Could you skirt round the edges of the bare patches to haul over without hitting grit? Is there a similar amount in the car parks?

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I think you'd have no probs getting past the bare bits, and there are only a couple of very short sections with plenty at the sides. Car park has masses of snow- wasn't sure I could even get into a space but found one recently vacated and got in there. Fingers crossed it stays for you!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers KP, that's grand thanks

Much more snow than last year I think Pete :)

Should be fun, defo taking the MSRs now

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
AFAIK snow gates are locked shut and only accessible to the police and gritters etc. our nearest one had the lock smashed once as someone was determined to use the road!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I don't think we'll be short of snow at the weekend Pete :)

Should be interesting with those winds coming in, let's get some walls built up around the bottom of the tarps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE