Snow anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Tvividr said:
Yep :eek:): :eek:): and thursday morning I am going away to the mountains of Telemark for a few days to enjoy meself all by me own - there are even more snow up there :wave:
I'm afraid I dont know the dance meself. It's a thing that the weatherman on telly do every night, but wont teach anybody else :roll:
I think he always start on the left foot :1244:
Off to feed the kids :wave:

Wow, have fun! I have ice climbed in Rjukan :) but never properly been up to the Hardanger :cry:

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
bambodoggy said:
Now why can't we have snow like that in Surrey!!!!! You're a very lucky man! :eek:):

Gerd, what's the score "legally" with me heading over to Norway with my basha and my bow and walking into the wilderness to "play"? Do I need permits and permissions etc?
You won't need any permits or permissions from anyone for going anywhere or camp anywhere with your basha !
But you can't shoot anything with your bow, as bowhunting is strictly forbidden by law. Nothing prevents you from doing a bit of roving or stump shooting though.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
bambodoggy said:
Now why can't we have snow like that in Surrey!!!!! You're a very lucky man! :eek:):

Gerd, what's the score "legally" with me heading over to Norway with my basha and my bow and walking into the wilderness to "play"? Do I need permits and permissions etc?

LOL
Coming with the bow and going hunting up here in the north will give a real wired picture to the folks living here, you might even show up in the local TV news as a strange and crazy guy from England. I was a former German citizen who emigrated to Sweden some years ago, even that I am a Swedish citizen now they still make fun of me because some years ago a German survival/bushcrafter came and shot a reindeer with a bow, he got thrown into jail and out of the country, people still laugh about him. For us coming from Germany or England Lapland feels like the free and wild country, but for the people living here the German felt like a weirdo shooting a milk cow with a bow. Whatever you do don’t come with a bow. :yikes: :wink:

Happy bush crafting
Abbe
:chill:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
:rolmao: Many thanks Abbe, looks like Sweden is a place to miss the bow off the kit list then!!! Mind you, I've always fancied my 15 minutes of fame...might as well be on Swedish TV :) We got Ulrika Johnson (for our sins) and Sweden got "Bambodoggy"...... :eek:): Fair exchange, no robbery! lol

Can you bow hunt in Finland do you know?

I think I'm going to do Norway first anyway....spent a long weekend there a few years back while in the TA and rather liked it.... might take the bow but just for roving and stump humping....

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
bambodoggy said:
:rolmao: Many thanks Abbe, looks like Sweden is a place to miss the bow off the kit list then!!! Mind you, I've always fancied my 15 minutes of fame...might as well be on Swedish TV :) We got Ulrika Johnson (for our sins) and Sweden got "Bambodoggy"...... :eek:): Fair exchange, no robbery! lol

Can you bow hunt in Finland do you know?

I think I'm going to do Norway first anyway....spent a long weekend there a few years back while in the TA and rather liked it.... might take the bow but just for roving and stump humping....

The last I heard was that bow hunting seabirds is allowed in Finland. I was training some bow shooting there when I was living there 10 years ago.
:wink: Don't tell anyone in sweden i was holding a bow! :wink:

cheers mate
Abbe

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
bambodoggy said:

Don't be so hard on yourself mate! :yikes: :rolmao:

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
bambodoggy said:
......Can you bow hunt in Finland do you know?....
Yep, small game up to the size of and including roedeer. They have spoken about legalizing bowhunting on whitetail deer too, but I am not sure if they already did it this season or it will be next season.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Many thanks Gerd.....just one last question; do you know what permits etc I'd have to get as a foreigner to bow hunt over there? Swedish TV sounds cool but I wouldn't want to try a Finish jail...!!!! :eek:):

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
bambodoggy said:
Many thanks Gerd.....just one last question; do you know what permits etc I'd have to get as a foreigner to bow hunt over there? Swedish TV sounds cool but I wouldn't want to try a Finish jail...!!!! :eek:):
Last time I checked you only needed a Finnish hunting license, but I know that they have spoken about a compulsory bowhunters course / examination that will have to be completed before being able to get a bowhunting license. I am just not sure if there has been made some legislation on that yet ?
I have just emailed an aquaintance of mine who is the president of the Finnish bowhunting association. If I haven't got back to you by the middle of next week then please remind me :biggthump

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Bambodoggy, the guy is quite busy these days, but he confirmed that you do not yet need to take a course to hunt with the bow (might be different next season ?). What you currently need is:
to show your national hunting permission / license / heritage card what ever that shows that you can hunt in your own country, and pay the national Finnish gamemanagement fee (some 25 EUR). If hunting deer, moose & bear a shooting test with a rifle is required. But foreigners are OK without the test if they are allowed to hunt the same animals in their own country.
In addition to the above you will also need the local landowners permission to hunt on his land.
Your english license / permit should be shown (preferably sent in advance) to the Finnish Directorate for State Forests and Land / Register of Hunters (not sure of the correct title of the Finnish directorate) who will recognise it and issue the Finnish version which will be valid as soon as the game management fee has been paid for.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i woke this morning to some what of a snow storm.. in fact i could not even see the hill on the opposite side of the vally! i didnt settle and the sun is out now.. but the beeb tells me that some of your guys and gals up country have got quite a large ammount on the ground.. so.. "snow anyone?" any got any? :wave:

Wind_Chaser

Nov 7, 2004
Latvia
We got snow last night!!!! And it's freezing. Finally! :mrgreen: Winter is here at long last. :eek:): Here's what it looks like over here. It's really like a Winter Wonderland.
IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
aw man.. your so lucky!! im in shorts and t-shirt and its brilliant sunshine down here! its not fair!

that looks amazing! *goes to practice snow dance :1244:*

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE