Snake - Beauty and Danger!

I was excited to see the snake, only having seen one other before. I felt confident as I crept upon it because of the old adage, "Red Touch Yellow, Kills a Fellow. Red Touch Black, Friend of Jack." That is why I couldn't understand when I suddenly felt danger. My gaze kept wandering and I had trouble keeping my attention on the snake.

This encounter served as a reminder to pay attention to that “inner voice” that warns you when something isn’t right. Have you ever been in a situation when some part of your brain told you there was a problem, but you willfully tried to ignore it? What happened?

- Woodsorrel

I was in Amsterdam once and about to walk through an alley but suddenly felt this is not right, I could not see anything and it was day light so I turn left and skirted around to were I needed to go and on the way I could then see the other end of the alley and there were two guys out of sight of the alley, I am not saying I was in danger or even they had bad intent, it just did not seem right at the time.

The only other time I have had the heckles rise on my neck so to speak, I was walking along a track in Tanzania with my mind wandering when I just sensed it seemed I no longer wanted to proceed. Again it was daylight, I could see nothing or sign of anyone around but it did not seem right to carry on, so I turned around and walked back the way I came. I did not see anyone or thing follow but I lost the anxiety feeling I experienced minutes before. It sticks in my minds eye so vividly that I think it was my inner voice but I could have convinced myself since the that day. It always reminds me of a TV program about big cat hunters and the wind changed direction caught the sweat of the chaps neck heightening his senses.

So good advice Woodsorrel to heed the inner voice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE