Smoky Mountain Knife Works

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Ok I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but it seemed like the proper place.

I'm planning to get a few knives from them so I was wondering if anyone had ordered from them before and if so, would you recommend them?

Here's the link: Smoky Mountain Knife works

I'm not a member of British Blades by the way so I figured I'd ask here, as I assume there'd be quite a few people on here buying knives as well.
Any information about them would be great, thanks.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Mikey P said:
Try the 'Edged Tools' sub-forum - all of the sharps enthusiasts (and a number of BB members) hang around in there!
Ya I was thinking I should've done that... Well then should I repost it or wait for someone to move it? I guess I'll wait...

Please Move This Thread!

:sigh:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I probably haven't bought more than 50 or 60 knives from them but I never had a problem. ;) Great prices too. But my current favorite dealer is a little place in Kentucky called Bladematrix. They usually beat SMKW prices on most things.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I probably haven't bought more than 50 or 60 knives from them but I never had a problem. ;) Great prices too. But my current favorite dealer is a little place in Kentucky called Bladematrix. They usually beat SMKW prices on most things.

Only issue I can see is that for foreign sales (Tye is in Canada) a prepaid Western Union Money Order is the only method which they'll accept, and deliveries can take up to eight weeks!

This just scuppered the order I wanted to place!
sad0068.gif

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
I have bought several knives from them. They were what i expected, the price was good and they shipped fairly quickly. Never a problem, but I was not ordering from out of country either. Can't speak to that issue.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
helixpteron said:
Only issue I can see is that for foreign sales (Tye is in Canada) a prepaid Western Union Money Order is the only method which they'll accept, and deliveries can take up to eight weeks!

This just scuppered the order I wanted to place!
sad0068.gif
Woah.... There goes my order too...

Well maybe it's for the best, instead of a pocket knife for whittling, maybe I'll just get a real carving knife or something! Not quite an old timey kinda style but they're better for the purpose I guess... Thanks for the help folks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE