Smoking food?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi all,

I stumbled across a video on youtube about building a basic smoker. And now obviously I quite fancy giving it a go.

Does anyone on here smoke food? If so how do you do it - proper job or a DIY smoker? Should I stick to hot smoking or should I make something that I can cold smoke in too?

All the best
Andy

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
I built a simple diy cold smoker last autumn, fed an aluminium vent tube from an old kettle bbq into the bottom of a large gas bbq. Did a couple of home cured bacons in it. Worked really well and I plan doing more pig products this year, might try some fish and cheese as well.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I tried to smoke a gudgeon once back in the late 80's. Went horribly wrong and made me and my mate very ill for two days :lmao: Great days.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I tried to smoke a gudgeon once back in the late 80's. Went horribly wrong and made me and my mate very ill for two days :lmao: Great days.

Lol. I can only concur with what has been said. You must have been desperate or drunk.

Seems like an easy build but I'd wondered if any of you ugly lot had done it in the past?

all the best
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE