Smock question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
I recently bought a British Army model 95 smock. I'm considering removing the steel wire in the hood but since it's a one way trip I just want some input from those of you that have the smock.
Wire or no wire? That's the question.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I took the wire out of my SAS smock, wish I hadn't as the hood is big and kept flopping over my eyes so I never used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Takes two minutes to reverse the wire in the hood if you feel you've made a mistake, just strip the earth wire out of a length of heavy-ish cable, bend the ends so's they're not sharp and shove it through again.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Another thing if you want the wire gone cut off the piece of extra material that holds it, its about an inch long away from the seam. Makes the hood more usable if required.

Tonyuk

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
I like it in as it allows me to roll the hood back or roll it right forward and shape it into a sort of snorkel jacket type arrangement on a bad day.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Cut the hood extension off that houses the wire, then rethread approx 50% of the wire into the new edge of the hood. Best of both worlds, and what i've done to my various wire hooded smocks over the years.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Cut the hood extension off that houses the wire, then rethread approx 50% of the wire into the new edge of the hood. Best of both worlds, and what i've done to my various wire hooded smocks over the years.

Cracking tip there; haven't seen it for a long long while!!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE