smelly tracking.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
I wish I'd got into tracking alot earlier. This is facinating stuff. It has opened my eyes (and ears) to a world I hadn't known before and I am really starting to see nature in a completetly new light. Yesterday afternoon I was creeping about in the woods picking up the sounds of the birds, watching for sign and generally trying to get in tune with my environment when I came across a strong odur. I new it was fox but was surprized at how powerful the smell was. I found that by concetrating on the smell I was able to follow the sent trail left by the fox. There was no sign of tracks or defined trail but the sent alone led me to a Den about three hundred yards away. To me this is amazing, but wondered if this was standard tracking practice with you guys?

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
The course I initially learnt tracking on invovled a great great deal of work on the other senses. Knowing about the biology of how they work and how we can use the. I think it was the second day I spent for hours crawling around on my hands a knees "smell tracking", its fascinating fascinating stuff :) We also looked at the sense of taste and the checmistry behind that, thankfully, no licking the ground to track anyone lol

Recently i was shown how I can track someone by sound which again is an amazing thing to do. There is also the sense of touch which I try to spend time practising how to track by touch, such as feeling for Pips/Tips, scuff marks etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE