Small sized womens boots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
Hoping someone can help, I'm looking for a reasonable set of leather boots for the oh. She takes a size 3 so not much about for that range, most of the year I wear minimal footwear and use a set of Karrimor ksb orkneys for winter times. I had hoped to get a pair for her but they seem to go no smaller than a 4.

Anyone know something in a similar style/quality/price that will go down to a 3?

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Hoping someone can help, I'm looking for a reasonable set of leather boots for the oh. She takes a size 3 so not much about for that range, most of the year I wear minimal footwear and use a set of Karrimor ksb orkneys for winter times. I had hoped to get a pair for her but they seem to go no smaller than a 4.

Anyone know something in a similar style/quality/price that will go down to a 3?

I find all these ksb type boot rather on the small side, I'm a 12 and had several pairs of the old ksb 1 & 2's and they fitted fine 25 years ago, of late I've found that almost all these types of shoe/boot to be a size small, so get her to try the 4's, unless under sizing is a mans' issue.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My wife has the same problem and sympathises. She has long since given up trying to find what she wants in her size, but finds the best option that fits. She tends to look in the children's section as well as the women's. Her own pair are San Marco, bought years ago, and are similar in type to KSBs. We hit the same problem with my grandson who takes the same size (for the time being) but were able to equip him at the local branch of GoOutdoors. But we did have to buy what fitted rather than what we knew to be the best boot which were not stocked in his size.

My wife asks me to point out that although she is a 3, she wears size4 walking boots to allow for extra socks and swelling of feet on the march. She also says that she hopes you are not trying to buy them as a surprise present because as has been pointed out above, different manufacturers sizes may not be the same and boots need to be tried on.

I suggest that you stamp heavily wearing your best boots, on the practice my wife has of buying every pair of boots, sandals, formal and casual shoes that a shop has in her size whether she needs them or not.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Kids Hi Tech's.
Seriously, I need a 3, or a 3.5 in a boot. It's a right royal pain in the neck trying to get ones that fit comfortably and wear well.
The plain leather Hi techs last for years, take dog's abuse (I'm an archaeologist; the sig line is real :eek:) and are cheap too.
I have spent a fortune over the years on everything from NorthFace to Brasher and they all die a death. Magnums are okay, once they're broken in, but it took a lot o breaking them in :sigh: North face ones I still can't get comfortable....I think the foot is too short for the stiffness of the sole, tbh.
Asolo tend to be small for their size and narrow fit.

Basically she needs to try them on; find a good retailer with a wide range and spend an hour or so trying on boots. Leave the store, go do something else for a couple of hours then go back and try on the ones she liked the first time round, and choose then.

Then, if she likes them when they've been used for a bit, come back and let those of us with small feet know what she found :D

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE