Small piece of deer antler for ferro rod.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Any one got a small piece of deer antler, preferably the tip end. I need a 2-3 inch piece for a handle on a 10mm x 100mm ferro rod.

I've stuff to trade or cash :)

Cheers
Gary.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Hi, i've pm'ed you my address, i'm more than willing to cover the postage or buy them :)

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I'd forgot to update this, Steve (Mesquite) kindly sent me a piece of deer antler.

I received a empty padded jiffy bag with a 2" tear in the packet :(

My local my hermes delivery driver said he received it like that, and he even admitted, while on the phone to his boss, it looked like the packet had been cut open, and the contents taken out.

I'd never use them, they can't be trusted. This is the second time, i've had issues, with stuff delivered by them.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Give me a shout if you still need a piece - I'll fire a bit off after all the nonsense dies down............

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Some of these courier companies can't be trusted! The amount of parcels my partner receives (at least one a day) and they never want a signature! And we have had calling cards in the door when we have been home saying they will attempt delivery again the next day! Then I find out they get paid for up to three attempts of delivery before it goes to a collection point so my theory is they can get paid three times for one drop! Then the other week we had parcels to send and no one collected them, we called the depot and they said the driver was too busy, could we deliver them ourselves to the sorting office and they will refund us 30p per parcel!!! (Three boxes). The reason we used them instead of me going to a post office was that my partner doesn't drive and we are 5 or 6 miles away from the closest post office.

Anyway after that mini rant, if you are still after some deer antler I have seen it for sale in a local pet shop for natural dog chews and they are quite nice pieces for around £8 a 4"-5" piece.

C

Last edited:

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I'm sorted now folks.

I've just found a old exotic wood walking stick in the shed. I'll cut up and use for handles.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Give me a shout if you still need a piece - I'll fire a bit off after all the nonsense dies down............

Thank's for sorting me a piece of antler, Mac.

Saved me some strife, when i said i was cutting the walking stick up :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE