Small overnight trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
Hi,

I made this small trip with two goals in mind:
1. Test new sledge 2. Spend some quality time, relaxing completely alone in the woods.

Since there is about a meter of snow, skis and sledge is essential. I prefer these short and wide skindbased skis, since those are more agile in dense terrain.

My plan was to hike few kms to a lavvu on a hiking trail and spend night under a tarp.

Ready to go:
DSC_0059.JPG

Frozen swamp is great place to ski.
DSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0074.JPG

Next morning I decided to go back to car a slightly different route over a lake.
DSC_0083.JPG

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Did the sledge convince you?

On my little screen I can't read the maker. Do you have a link for me, please?

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
I have to say I like it a lot!

It's a ERApro 60" expedition sledge, basically it's a base for diy sledge. It doesn't include any drawing strings or shafts and load lashings have to do yourself. It still comes with pre drilled holes for those. Do as you prefer. It's also very lightweight.

It's cheap compared to many other (60e vs 500e), so possible breaking doesn't hurt your wallet that much. Plastic is elastic so I think it can handle collisions without cracking.

Reactions: Toddy and Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Oh, that's affordable!
Do You just use bungee cords and hooks to fix the luggage?
How do you pull it?

I sometimes transported heavier weights on a usual toy sledge over a way that's closed for cars during the winter and it was always a disaster. So I am interested although we didn't have enough snow in the last years to need it.

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
Oh, that's affordable!
Do You just use bungee cords and hooks to fix the luggage?
How do you pull it?
Yes, few meters of bungee cord and hooks made to that use.

Basically I just have a cord attached to small backback, which has all quick need equipment. I made that rubber cord section to reduce tugging.
DSC_0070.JPG

Some like to use shafts, but I like using cord. Both have their own pros and cons.

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE