Small nesting pots/mugs wanted

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
I nedd some help to find llightwight aluminium cookware.
Usually I do day trips, with max one night outside and so I dont need large pots
What I want are two nesting mugs/pots, around 0.5l each. So I can put the small stove insode and have a nice compact setup.
I want them lightweight, neither the too heavy SS or the too expensive titanium. It seems that aluminium is no longer the material of choice, people go either for the heavy SS or spend lots of money on titanium.
Do you know where I can find something like this?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Sounds like the cups that fit on the bottom of nalgenes would be perfect for you. Stainless steel, handles stow flat against the body, robust and easy to clean. they won't nest together, but I reckon it would be easy to make a small insert that the cups can slip over and be kept in place with an elastic band. The Ratbag got two from the states a week or two back and paid peanuts for them, I have one the same as the ones he got. If you know somebody who can go in the PX, then you should be quids in, or try Raeer.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
The titanium mugs from alpkit are very good and great value for money.

I have a globetrotter stove from camping gaz and bought about 3 dozen cans before they stopped making them too.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
The titanium mugs from alpkit are very good and great value for money.

I have a globetrotter stove from camping gaz and bought about 3 dozen cans before they stopped making them too.

Rather handily the Alpkit mug fits nicely in the Globetrotter pans.

I bought the GT270 for the pans, I've not used the stove itself but mine seems to take CV270/470 gas cannisters which are still available ( just checked Argos online to make sure ). I had heard an earlier version used 106(?) cannisters which apparently are not.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I too have some Globetrotter pans, which I have now given to my son. I am waiting to hear if millets warehouse still have any spare ones available.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I think the pan set from a campingaz globe trotter 270 is about what your looking for.

I have a set of these pans and they sound exactley like the type of thing you are looking for.

I used to use them with my Wayland Hobo stove, but upgraded to a Zebra.

DSC00379.jpg

They nest nicely, with one sliding into the other, and the larger one can act as a lid by sitting on top of the smaller one to speed up cooking time.

HTH

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE