small folding knives what are my options

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've just measured my Vic Pocket Pal, that goes 3 3/8 inches, so slightly over your size limit. Fit and finish is superb.
The only folders less than 3 inches in my collection are Vic Classics, and I don't think that's what your after.

Even the Pocket Pal feels rather small, I'm curious as to your desire for such small knives as I'm not sure how useful they would be.

Dave

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've just measured my Vic Pocket Pal, that goes 3 3/8 inches, so slightly over your size limit. Fit and finish is superb.
The only folders less than 3 inches in my collection are Vic Classics, and I don't think that's what your after.

Even the Pocket Pal feels rather small, I'm curious as to your desire for such small knives as I'm not sure how useful they would be.

Dave

We'll its not for splitting wood :)

Its for EDC and I find small knives can handle everything else

I've been happily carrying a Buck 305 for a while now and its only 2 5/8" closed and I've found it more than capable

I don't want a leap to much bigger a few 8th of an inch would be ok though I'll take a look

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Without doubt my most used folder is my SAK farmer, which is the goldilocks of the SAK's I think, at three layers, not too thick, and a fair sized blade. There is not a single tool in excess on it, I use them all. After that my most used folder would be the Opinel number 8, which stays at home for use in the kitchen. So what did I use my farmer for today? I opened a tin of beans, I opened a parcel, I opened a bottle (or two) I sawed off a couple of light fencing battens, so all in all well used and really useful.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
picked up a rough rider peanut to try the style and now have a couple of taylor/s&w made schrades too

all Chinese made but also have US versions to hunt down too if I like them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE