Sloe Chocolate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Hi, does anyone know how to make Sloe Chocolate? I read somewhere once that you can make dreamy chocolate using the gin-soaked sloes when they are finished with.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Hi Mat,

Just take your gin-soaked sloes, spread them in a shallow baking tin and pour melted chocolate over them, and allow to cool.

Never had much success, my lot usually eat the chocolate while I'm looking for the baking tin! :eek:

Dave

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Hmm figured that was going to be the way to do it. My missus bought me some for Crimbo last year and it was dreeeaaaammmyy! I normally keep the sloes in the gin for 3 months before straining. I forgot last year so when I dug the bottle out at the weekend it was full of sloes tha had been steeping for 12 months!

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Fiddly though it may be, I'd strongly suggest stoning the sloes too! Offered some around here last week, warning everyone that they still had the stones in - but some people still caused themselves problems by crunching down. Possibly because none of them had any experience of sloes?

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
i think i may have to try it! i usualy just eat the sloes as i drink :eek: , but this sounds better :)

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Got round to making some at the weekend. I melted 4 bars of Green & Blacks 70% dark chocolate, added the de-stoned sloes (flippin' fiddly job!), poured into a sandwich box and then waited patiently for it to set in the fridge. Blinkin luverly .... :D

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
clcuckow said:
I wonder if that will work with bramble or raspberry whisky. I normally just make a fool or ice cream when I have drained the bottle.

Definitely! Sounds like a great excuse to make even more to me.
:D

However, I doubt it would work with the cherry tomato vodka I've got going....
:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE