Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
2542078890_7de87fa87a.jpg

Aww :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's an amazing shot, you must have been on your toes creeping along for it not to wake up. I heard that roe fawns have no smell at all when born to avoid predators sniffing them out, is this true?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad you liked it

Twas a wee sweety. Honestly you don't have to be that quiet looking for fawns this time of year - not stepping on them is the trick as they just lie completely still and hope you don't see them when they are tiny like this one

Never heard of the smell thing but it would make sense!

Red

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Wow, that's amazing :eek:
I think it's a good job you found it and not me - I'd have been very tempted to reach out at stroke the widdle baby :eek:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You do have to be careful about that - there were a few branches I would love to have moved to get a better photo but I was really worried about scent transfer so left well alone! Mum was nearby I'm sure and there's no way I would touch. Surprising how many people do pick up "abandoned" fawns and call the RSPCA. Well meaning I guess but leaving well alone is of course the order of the day,

Been a weird week all round for nature - wren chicks in the ivy peeking at us and this wee cutie pie today. Tempered though by something robbing out the ducks nest in our front herb bed on Friday night. From the shell damage I suspect a brown rat. I saw a big and well fed one scurrying around on Saturday. We argued about his behaviour. [Daniel Hagman Voice] Which argument he lost..........on account of me blowing his head off [/Daniel Hagman Voice]
Red

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
O'er the hills and o'er the main

Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain

King George commands and we obey

Over the hills and far away.

That Hagman???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE