Sleeping mat???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Get an exped, you won't be Dissappointed. I have a downmat exped 7 and more than happy, have had various mats over the years and this is a keeper :)

steve

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Some thoughts on self inflating mats.

They aren't as self inflating as you think they are (or at least the ones I've tried have been). So once you've opened the valve and it's kinda expanded, you're still left having to blow some air into it. By blowing into it you are putting in a lot of moisture from your mouth, this is sub optimal. They are an absolute sod to pack away again afterwards too, When I used a self inflating matt, I would have to do 2, sometimes 3 passes at rolling the air out to get it to fit in it's stuff sack.

My exped synmat 7ul, with the pillow pump I can inflate and have ready to sleep on faster than my friend with a self inflating matt can. I can also pack it down smaller, and faster.

Just something to consider.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE