Sleeping Bags 90 pattern

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peter Pan

Jan 9, 2006
Acton, London
The time has come to replace my Ex Army 58 down filled sleeping bag. Served me well and was cheap as cheaps even if it did only last me a couple of years.

I have found a Army surplus store which sells decent kit at very reasonable prices and was woundering if any of you guys out there have used or could give me some further advise and feedback as to the pros and cons of the British army 90 pattern sleeping bag. ie is it warm, is it bulky and heavy even in a compression sack.

The web site of the store is as follows:http://www.militarymart.co.uk/store1/index.php.

Cheers guys

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Looks like the same as the one I bought a while ago from Endicotts of Exeter. Kept me nice and warm in a very hard frost in January and the bulk is no problem if you don't have too far to walk into your base camp. Top service from Endicotts too...worth checking out.

Peter Pan

Jan 9, 2006
Acton, London
Thanks Falcon much appreciated. If you do know, can you tell me the overall size when in a compression sack, as the smaller it is the more room in my rucksack.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Mine's not packed at the moment so I'm struggling to remember - I'd say 18"-20" length x 10" to 12" diameter....I'll edit this tomorrow if I get chance to repack and check. Give Kevin a ring at Endicotts and he'll help you out. I've a bergan 120L rucksack and it pretty well filled the main compartment initially though I crammed plenty of other kit in around and above it. If you're walking to basecamp from your car and it's not too far, I'd say carry everything else in your rucksack and carry this as hand luggage. I managed well like this.....if I was yomping/camping I'd probably rethink my winter sleeping bag routine..

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
It's warm, as warm as you're likely to need in the UK as long as you're not a particularly "cold sleeper".

BUT

It's very possibly the item of issue equipment most frequently replaced by private purchase, simply because of the size of thing.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Lots of stuff in the archives - search as army sleeping bag.

As is always the case with sleeping bags, there is a fair variation of opinion!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE