sleeping bag suit........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Had a selk bag for five minuets, workmanship was terrible, sent it back and got a remote control helicopter, crashed it, sat about for a bit, then came up with the funniest joke you have ever heard.........................

merc350

Sep 29, 2012
Huddersfield
Had a selk bag for five minuets, workmanship was terrible, sent it back and got a remote control helicopter, crashed it, sat about for a bit, then came up with the funniest joke you have ever heard.........................

Well your post made me laugh. What's the joke ? :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
A long, long time ago, way back in the 1980's, a few of us replaced (that's paid for - not swapped in stores) our 58 sleeping bags with surplus ex-German army sleeping bags with sleeves and a fold up end...

Not really that great tbh, getting a stove lit from a sleeping bag isn't a great idea in the first place, the novelty wears off anyway.

Once you're up; you're up. No slouching or lounging around the laager area allowed. Immediate and swift remedial PT followed and I sold it on...

Just my tuppence worth.

Liam

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
WpJw6vp.jpg

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/sas-ecw-coveralls-extreme-cold-1169972.html

I'm using a Sioen ECW coverall suit, used by M.O.D truck and tank drivers operating in the Baltic area. In the winter time I also use a Northern Diver undersuit or sometimes two Northern Diver undersuits, 200g and 100g with the Sioen ECW coveralls. With a trappers hat and hood and decent gloves or mittens it can make for a warm comfy night.

Still testing it out, but I may instal inside pockets for Zippo hand warmers than run on a small amount of petroleum for an internal heating system.

I like to be able to move quickly if sleeping in a place considered insecure in wild camping situations and prefer to be in a movable suit rather than a bag.

Much like mittens are warmer than gloves, heating loss is more in a suit, but with correct undersuit layers and possibly internal heating, a bit like a space suit, I hope to find the correct combination for a great sleeping suit.

Artic boot insulation may be the next upgrade to the system.

Cheers, Alex.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE