Sleeping bag intermediate cold type 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
So it says on the label.

its an american bag I think

mix of down and synthetic.

anyone know anything about it? Im reviewing my bags.

The only one I like is the one I got at a car boot for £1...I can kick and roll about in that.

Can you guess I dont like constraining bags?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Apr06356.jpg

As far as I'm aware Tengue these bags have been issued for a very very long time, at least since the sixties and they had a canvas cover that was laced up the front. Like a very well made canvas bivi bag that had a water repellent finish sprayed onto it. They are no longer issued since the new combo bags have been issued now.

They are very good bags although not "arctic bags", they should be okay in the uk most of the time, they are prone to rotting and need to be aired well after use, some had kapoc linings I believe.

Hope this helps.
Yes they are US old issue.
WS

11b inf

Jan 8, 2008
phx. az
hi tengu that type of bag is American and was issued from the about the mid 70's to the 90' with non-combat units ,nat.guard holding onto them the longest, until the new sleep system was issued...the intermedient bag took the place of the M-49 sleeping bag and cover as wOOdsmoke talked about..since the intermed.bag has a water proof shell its not issued with a lace on cover as the M-49 is..also its of a mummy style with a zipper down the middle and the stuffing is as you said synthetic...its a good bag and should do well with the temp range in the U.K...vince g. 11b inf...

11b inf

Jan 8, 2008
phx. az
hi wOOdsmoke, the M-49 sleeping bag came with a tan or kakhi outer shell..some later production models had a green outer shell and they were made in regular and large size also the arctic over bag could be laced to the mountain bag for added warmth...American intermed.bags never had lace covers do to the fact that the outer shell of the bag was heavyer cloth and proofed against weather but you could slip a old cover around it but you could not lace it because it had no lace grommets around it...i'm looking at mine now and it does not have the cover laced on and at the foot of the bag it has a U.S. stamp and has mountain regular on it ...it's still pretty warm and i still use from time to time....vince g. 11b inf..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE