sleeping bag help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Just a followup. Its really worth actually trying a bag out in store, rather than assume they are all exactly the same. I was in the area of Cotswolds and it was quite in store, so decided to actually try to see if the down bag would set off any allergies (seemingly no was the answer). I tried the Rab 700 womans bag (it just happened to be around and was down), and then the Mountain hardware Flame. The foot of the MH bag was very tight for me - not a bad bag, but it would have driven me nuts, even perhaps the XL version. The Rab foot would seem to suit me better.

Like shows and jackets, there are some things its worth trying on - because there are differences.

Jan 31, 2015
cambridgeshire
Really appreciate everyones help with this :) sorry for late update...I went with the Alpkit Mountain ghost bag in the end X2 as my wife needs one as well -they arrive tomorrow- Gets bloody expensive buying two of everything :( I also ordered two Alpkit Lumo sleep mats but not sure on these to be honest anyone have one probably should of gone themarest, but appkit stuff seems so well priced.

thanks again ;)

Jan 31, 2015
cambridgeshire
Alpkit do good stuff, and if your not happy, they have great customer service. Hope they work out for you.
Thanks :) I hope so as well, fingers crossed. My first outing with them will be on a island, that I found when on a kayak trip. I got hold of the number of the owners and explained what I wanted to do. Told them I would leave no trace...and they said no problem at all be nice to have someone looking out for the island and using it :camping: and feel free to have a fire as long as it is in one place that they use occasionally....and help my self to the stacks of logs :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE