Skrama

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Does anyone carry anything attached ( via the pommel handle hole ) on their Skrama as an ongoing thing?
Just a lanyard for safety when doing a lot of chopping so it can't leave the hand. There's a proper way to do it btw.

According to my receipt mine is a 2015 model also :eek: can't believe it, only feels like yesterday that I got it. It's remained one bit of kit I'm still firmly in love with, even if it doesn't see as much use as it used to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd like to get the Skrama a nice Heavy Duty sheath - I'm asking here as I don't have the time, skill or inclination to make a half assed job so would like to commission one if possible.

Has any one here had one made ? or made one? If so I'd like them to get in touch - If not can someone suggest a leather maker here that could do a nice job in some shexy leather work.

Ta!

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
I have found than thin working gloves with palm material of rubber or rubberlike material give a great grip.
Myself have Tegera-brand gloves model 9100.

Reactions: TeeDee

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
Sorry for necro, but maybe it'll help someone. I've heard this happen before after heavy use. Get the handle all the way off, apply epoxy to the inside and to the exposed tang, then fit it back on. It should be bombproof then.

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
That's because the 200 has a skeletonized tang that the rubber handle fills into, so it can't really move. The 240 has an almost straight tang.

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
As long as it's legal to own, I think you would be able to. Varusteleka ships worldwide, no? (It's also on sale right now)

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
Ah, that is a bummer. I don't think I was required to do any age check either, having it shipped to Germany. I had an age check done ordering a straight razor from Solingen, funnily enough. And for a Machete from a German web shop. Maybe they're calling it a utility knife. But UK really seems to be difficult with all sorts of knife laws.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ah, that is a bummer. I don't think I was required to do any age check either, having it shipped to Germany. I had an age check done ordering a straight razor from Solingen, funnily enough. And for a Machete from a German web shop. Maybe they're calling it a utility knife. But UK really seems to be difficult with all sorts of knife laws.
I think, in this case, the UK offers such a small stake in the market for Varusteleka it isn’t worth the hassle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE