Skill share/meetup, Wooplaw woods, Scottish Borders, Fri.23rd-Sun.25th Oct.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Looking forward to this weekend, i'm sore as heck with my back right now but i am not gonna let it stop me, if i am still this sore by this weekend you'll hear me rattle as i walk through the woods i'll be so full of pain pills

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Looking forward to this weekend, i'm sore as heck with my back right now but i am not gonna let it stop me, if i am still this sore by this weekend you'll hear me rattle as i walk through the woods i'll be so full of pain pills

Me too Rob, just gone and put my back out and I have another ailment rearing it's ugly head, still going to push on with it though, maybe we could be the backing music for a sing song if we can get our pills rattling in harmony.

If you need a hand lugging some stuff around just let me know, if you see someone with a trailer in tow it is likely to be me.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers mate there will be no worries there me and my brother will be travelling light, only kit i am bringing is the clothes i am wearing and a change of underwear, cooler with food in, tarp and bivvi, foam mat and self inflating mat and sleeping bag, pan, aldi bbq, wood gas stove, pain pills, water and wood for the fire and my knife and laplander, light as a feather

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Whilst not fully recovered, I feel i'm mended enough to make an appearance, and sick of being in the house so I've decided to try my best and make this :) Only thing is I'll have to get a bus from canonbie to Gala, is anyone able to pick me up from Gala? or better yet heading through these ways? happy to help out with fuel and the like.

Doctor says I shouldn't be lifting any more than 2 Kilos which may be a bit of a problem, but I'll sort something out even if I have to slowly drag my pack to the bus stop!

If all works out well, I can take some of my leatherwork stock if folk are interested in having a look, and I'm happy to bring along leather scraps goodie bags for making stacked knife handles and such.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Good to hear your gonna make it, from the sounds of it half of us are walking wounded in one way or another

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good to hear your gonna make it, from the sounds of it half of us are walking wounded in one way or another

Maybe Wounded Wooplaw or Cripplestock would be good names for the meet? :D

I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to swell the numbers of walking wounded this weekend :( Hope you all have a great time; going by past meets I think you all will though. Sad I can't come but hopefully get to the next one.
Have fun and have a brew for me.
GB.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That's a shame Colin would have been good to meet you, i'm really looking forward to it, looks like Stuart has done a cracking job with the setup

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He does, don't know if he's doing a talk this time but his class on traps last time was excellent, even though he had the mother of all hangovers. :D Well he is a TV star! The whole thing had a real friendly informative atmosphere.
Would have been good to meet yourself and a few other faces but there's always next time.

Dreadhead

Maybe Wounded Wooplaw or Cripplestock would be good names for the meet? :D

I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to swell the numbers of walking wounded this weekend :( Hope you all have a great time; going by past meets I think you all will though. Sad I can't come but hopefully get to the next one.
Have fun and have a brew for me.
GB.

Sorry you won't make it Colin, was looking forward to a catch up but understand. Hopefully see you at the next one :)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
another that will miss your fizzer . hope things eases up for you soon fella. .....off to google maps land to look for gala ....;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Whilst not fully recovered, I feel i'm mended enough to make an appearance, and sick of being in the house so I've decided to try my best and make this :) Only thing is I'll have to get a bus from canonbie to Gala, is anyone able to pick me up from Gala? or better yet heading through these ways? happy to help out with fuel and the like.

Doctor says I shouldn't be lifting any more than 2 Kilos which may be a bit of a problem, but I'll sort something out even if I have to slowly drag my pack to the bus stop!

If all works out well, I can take some of my leatherwork stock if folk are interested in having a look, and I'm happy to bring along leather scraps goodie bags for making stacked knife handles and such.

i could pick you from gala....even though Norway is a good run from here lol.

id have offered to help from canonbie but were travelling through the night and coming up the east approach.

yup

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thank you chaps,
Would love to have made it but too many rhings got in the way.
Going by the list it looks like it'll be a cracking do.
See you at the next one.

Last edited:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
ive a leather coat to carve up and maybe a leather jerkin or two....ive somethin id like to make....i need it in my life , but others might not lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE