Skaukrafts picture thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Instead of posting in other threads, I found that I would make my own picture thread. Posting my nature pictures and projects.
I'm not an experienced photographer, and most of my pictures ar taken either with my Ricoh Caplio R2 camera or mobilphone camera.
Some of the pictures might not be directly related to bushcraft either, but still reflects who and what I am.
(It is also good for maintaining my english skills)

I hope you enjoy, and if the response is good, I will try to post pictures I belive is relevant. Please feel free to comment.

Edit: Please let me know if some of my pictures are in conflict with the forum rules and regulations.

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
RIMG0012.jpg

This is my familys summer cabin. The picture is taken during reconstruction of the slate roof. Unfortunately last years harsh winter destroyed part of the roof, so it is now replaced with shingle. The lumber in the main frame of the cabin is from 1850'ish and wear and tear made it necessary to build new outer panels. So it is now actually good for both summer and winter use.
RIMG0022.jpg

My father in action, laying the slate roof (I am not sure if "slate" is the correct word for this cind of roof...?)
RIMG0014.jpg

Veiw from the cabins front porch, east-north east. The mountain in the background is Rendals Solen.
RIMG0059.jpg

A reindeerbuck a couple og hundred meters from the cabin.
RIMG0001.jpg

Winter view from the area around our cabin.
Frst026.jpg

My grandfather was a reknown woodcarver. he made this for me for my confirmation. I was a fool, and did not spend enough time to learn from him, and now it is to late:-(
For those who are interested I can mention that it is carved in Limewood, his prefered wood for this kind of carving. The actual carving is 100% manual labour, but used some simple powertools during the manufacturing. Asfar as I know, he carved 26 similar chests during his lifetime. But he also produced numerous other items, both tools and furniture.

R0010127.jpg

Mountain gold, wating to ripen. I belive the english name is Cloud Berry? (it is called multe or molte in norwegian). This is the closest you will ever be to taste the essence of the wilderness. It is highly valued among norwegians, and in the northern part of Norway (Finnmark) only the Sami-people are allowed to pick it.

R0010130.jpg

Our JRT named Balder. He is a crazy fella, but we love him. This comming may we are giong to a fox hunting course, to see if he can be used as a fox lair dog (not the traditional britsh kind of fox hunting though).

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
RIMG0019.jpg

This is a copy of the oldest floating vessel found in Norway. The original is dated 5000 year old, and was fond in the river Glomma. The copy kan be viewed at Fetsund Lenser museum in Fetsund about 20 minutes drive northeast of Oslo.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
BERGESTADT5-30-03006.jpg

My workplace for about 7 years as a merchant navy engineer.
foran_venstre.jpg

My 1964 Volvo 121. Its undergoing a much needed engine overhaul and rebuild at the moment, so it is not in use as for now. But the plan is for it to be used as my summer car.
1206111.jpg

My back yard, and soon to be vegetabe and fruit garden. I have owned this property for 3 years now, and the work is in porgress.
RIMG0036.jpg

Last years restoration project. Found it in a ditch. The engine is now running, and ready to be munted on the frame again.

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
R0010141.jpg

This is why I stay put with my old Ricoh Caplio R2 camera, the macro-function is fantastic for a small compact camera. The funnel-looking thingy is a tiny spicies of moss.

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
R0010138.jpg

My beloved Lundhags. This is my second pair, the first one was completely worn out.
It is the only pair of shoes you will ever need.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Thanks. We are lucky to have it. My parents were lucky and bought it just before the prices rocketed to the sky. The cabin was put in its current position in the 60's. But the actual buildig is much older.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
veldig fine bilder :)

a great summer cabin you have, very envious! love that carved chest too its great. tis great having more norwegian members on here as me and my woman are flying over there sometime this year and will be spending atleast 6 months wild trekking and working here and there so its great to see pictures of nice places to go so thanks for sharing :)

Hamish

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Bare hyggelig Hamish.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any tip. I am not so familiar with the northern and western parts of Norway, but the southeastern parts I know fairly good.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Great idea, your own photo thread......not sure it's been done before.:cool:

It's always interesting seeing other parts of the world from the inhabitant's point of view...& that dog of yours is a cracker :D

Keep em' coming.!

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Thanks. I am used to picture threads like these from car restoration forums. They tend to develop more like a blog, and I hope to post some future projects here as well, if I think they can be of common interest.
Hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes doing it like this:)

Yes, he is a cracker. A mischievous little bas***d. He is a certified JRT. His father was one of the first norwegian JRT's with 1st prices at shows, and his mother comes from a swedish breeder with strong hunting lines.

Edit: If any of the moederators should mean that this thread belongs in another category, please fell free to move it.

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Wow, skaukraft, these are amazing pictures! What a fabulous place...

Carving is obviously in your blood, find his old tools and with practice, the wood will come alive in your hands :) And yes, 'slate' is the right word for that kind of stone, your English, like your pictures, are excellent :)

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Thanks a lot folks!

DSC_0149.jpg

Heres a picture I took this easter with my cellphone camera, this is from Hurdalsjoen lake, just 15-20 minutes drive north of the OSL airport. There are several nice camping spots along the lake. But it can be a bit crowded during high summer, specially if the temperature is good.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE