Site photos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Does anyone have any photos of the site from the winter or spring Moot, or at least since the estate have performed the tree removal since last year. I hear it has changed quite a bit and I'd like to see what its like so I can adjust my kit for this years visit.

Cheers

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Does anyone have any photos of the site from the winter or spring Moot, or at least since the estate have performed the tree removal since last year. I hear it has changed quite a bit and I'd like to see what its like so I can adjust my kit for this years visit.

Cheers

Only of my own camp setup I'm afraid which will be of limited value. It's just a bit further out than the pirate ship.

tarp & tent - 25.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It will be interesting to see it in the summer, the starkness of the winter Moot was huge with the cut back and no leaves on trees, it will probably seem a lot more normal when we're there next month. There were also a lot of machine tracks that will be gone by now.

the first pick is the two trees i usually have my tarp between, your knoll pete is in the background. The clearing didn't really have a big impact on the area we use but behind where you usually go it's now very open.
the other pic is from on top of the hill on the path down to the viking hut, that path over has gone from about 3 feet wide to 10 feet wide!

IMG_8523.jpg IMG_8527.jpg

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I like what you did there Tony - "... when we're there next month" makes it feel like its just around the corner.

Not quite the clearance felling that I had envisioned - but it looks like any breeze could cut right through the place.

Thanks all, fears allayed!

Why Oh Why did they not remove those filthy yurts?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE