Sit-mats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
I'm looking for ideas for a foldable mat for keeping the bum dry and comfy when out and about.

This is not for prolonged sitting, like an evening round a campfire or anything. I just need to take something to perch on whilst making a brew or making a quick sketch when out for a bimble for the day. Because it will be in/attached to my little day sack (Snugpak's Response Pak in actual fact) it needs to be foldable, and needn't be big (despite the amount of bottom coverage it will get!).

So, wondered if you guys and gals had any interesting solutions? How do you care for cheeks?

Thanks.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I have one of these (link for reference only, they are available in loads of other places :)) find it handy to slip into a bag, has very good insulating properties (sat on it with a couple of inches of snow under it!) and is water proof. would buy another one if i had to replace it.

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
Terrific suggestions.

I was obviously searching wrongly as I didn't know you could get foamy pads that folded - I'd assumed I'd have to MacGyver something!

Excellent - thank you very much.
:thankyou:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I use a garden kneeling pad...from a garden centre.

It fits in the hydration pocket of my daysac / bergan.

This type of thing:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackspur-S...36O2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1290436357&sr=8-6

21DOogPzMqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Simon

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
The foam back pad of my rucsack comes out and is designed to be a sit mat. This saves carrying an extra mat. It is an old Karrimor Hot Rock bag, but I think the current forces green Karrimors do the same as they were based on the old Hot bags.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
The foam back pad of my rucsack comes out and is designed to be a sit mat. This saves carrying an extra mat. It is an old Karrimor Hot Rock bag, but I think the current forces green Karrimors do the same as they were based on the old Hot bags.

Yeah my Sabre 45 and Berghaus day sack both have removable back pads that double as sit mats.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I was reading this at work where I cant post so now I can

Tyvek
Yes the damp proofing stuff sadly only in blue
Small bit for bimbles big bit for camping or hammock

Works every time and lightweight small pack size Has other uses too I believe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE