Singer 201 Mark 1 Hand-crank Sewing Machine For Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
SOLD TO PAULM....GLAD ITS GOING TO A GOOD HOME!

the season is approaching and i'm way overdue a huge session at the sewing machines....gotta make more axe bags and more....as i go i may well sort out a couple more machines for sale so watch this space!

hi...heres more....

its obviously a very nice machine else i wouldnt own it or certainly be passing it on to a fellow bcuker....its not perfect but then few are.....(apart from 15 of mine lol!).....i've not totally stripped it as i've done with many before but thats because it arrived in such a solid condition that i didnt need to.....i've lovingly cleaned it up.....checked it over.....oiled it etc.....upgraded a coupla parts....works beautifully as you can see from the test pieces pictured.....

its virtually ''complete''.....remaining feet can easily be bought cheap as chips on ebay.....the case and base and extension table are as good as you usually get with a decent machine....there are no major dings knocks or chips....the bobbin cover has a coupla scratches but hey, thats what happens to bobbin covers.....the decals are bright and intact....theres only a slight bit of enamel ageing at the back right corner, visible in the birds eye pic....and thats me being fussy. booklet, bobbins, some needles, few feet, green box.

serial number EJ128120....so its from 1953.....erm, what else.....oh, it doesnt have the original singer rubber mat but i've included a modern piece of matting, does the job.

basically its lovely. simple as that. and its collection only. price.....erm......£125.

s

notice reds garlics growing nicely on the right....and something has burrowed in to the soil....luckily the garlics are untouched or i'd be sitting out there right now lamping for the critter lolol!

Last edited:

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Hi Sonni, pm'd you earlier with some questions for later, once you've recovered from posting on the forum at two in the morning !

Can pop over and take a look perhaps if convenient.

Cheers, Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi paul.....lol....and thankyou for your sympathy.....unlike from tony.....nag nag.....lolol.....i feel asleep over my keyboard sorry!!! need to type the gumpf out and to be honest i really dont know what to charge and i'm not allowed to take offers.....aaaaaaaaargh......

s

Hi Sonni, pm'd you earlier with some questions for later, once you've recovered from posting on the forum at two in the morning !

Can pop over and take a look perhaps if convenient.

Cheers, Paul

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Great to catch up with you this afternoon Sonni, and really appreciate the crash course in all things Singer, and the cuppa :D

The boss and youngest daughter were very impressed with it when I made it home earlier, lots of oohs and aaahs, lol.

It really does look as good as it does in your pictures, and runs as smooth as you could wish, can't wait to put it to work tomorrow :D

Cheers, Paul

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a good catch, and you won't find one better fettled than by Sonni; I hope you enjoy the use of it, Paul :)

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Stand by for lots of questions !!!

I'll start a new thread of course if I have any :)

Cheers, Paul

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
no worries paul, nice to see you again and welcome to the club....may she bring you much pleasure!

s
Great to catch up with you this afternoon Sonni, and really appreciate the crash course in all things Singer, and the cuppa :D

The boss and youngest daughter were very impressed with it when I made it home earlier, lots of oohs and aaahs, lol.

It really does look as good as it does in your pictures, and runs as smooth as you could wish, can't wait to put it to work tomorrow :D

Cheers, Paul

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
Angst, if anymore machines in such condition come up for sale please contact me via PM. I will pay you in money, gratitude and smoked trout and yet more endless gratitude.

MG

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
You won't go wrong with one from Sonni, mine's a beaut and made up a few heavy canvas pouches and leather bits already even in my novice hands :)

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE