simple folded Bivi bag/swag ideas/project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Thinking about making a very simple swag/bivibag for use under a tarp and occasionaly out on its own

Will be made of canvas

Simply a large rectangle of fabric folded slightly off centre (to form an overlapping flap over the top) and sewn along the bottom and slightly up the open side to form a foot section

What do you think?

Will it work?

untitled-2.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thinking about making a very simple swag/bivibag for use under a tarp and occasionaly out on its own

Will be made of canvas

Simply a large rectangle of fabric folded slightly off centre (to form an overlapping flap over the top) and sewn along the bottom and slightly up the open side to form a foot section

What do you think?

Will it work?
]

Yes it will, however do you really need to sew up the foot section? you could always fold the base over to stop draughts and the resulting rectangular piece of (waxed?) canvas would have many more uses.

Just a thought :)

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I would have thought that the overlap would have to be longer to stop it flopping back over and leaving you in a draft unless it was secured some how. Also if it was raining and the wind changed enough that it was getting wet I would expect it channel the water in as I would assume it would be at a very high angle unless it is extra wide e.g. so the overlap lies flat, either that of a much larger over lap (like when you third a sheet of A4 to get it in a DL envelope).

But then again I have only ever used GoreTex Bivi bags before.

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
How about using a zipper? Just like those sleeping bags that can also be used as a blanket, or maybe buttons....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE