Silverman's won't service CWC watch.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Three years ago my wife bought a CWC watch for me as a birthday gift. After 18 months it was letting in moisture and the battery had failed. It has spent the last 18 months in a draw as I've been putting off getting it serviced. Today I rang Silverman's to look into the cost of getting it repaired; I thought it was about time. I was told that I could have a new one for £130 as it's not worth repairing. As an afterthought I was told that if I waited a few months and rang back they'd see if they could look at it then. Pretty poor IMO.

Can anyone offer advice about repair? I really don't want to abandon it.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Three years ago my wife bought a CWC watch for me as a birthday gift. After 18 months it was letting in moisture and the battery had failed. It has spent the last 18 months in a draw as I've been putting off getting it serviced. Today I rang Silverman's to look into the cost of getting it repaired; I thought it was about time. I was told that I could have a new one for £130 as it's not worth repairing. As an afterthought I was told that if I waited a few months and rang back they'd see if they could look at it then. Pretty poor IMO.

Can anyone offer advice about repair? I really don't want to abandon it.

Hi Chris

You could email (or phone) Stephen Burrage at Ryte Time watch Repairs, He fixed my Breitling Navitimer up with a new crystal and replaced all the hands when it came into a hard object at speed!!!!

The watch is usually posted to him along with a check to cover repair + return post..

He should give you a quote ;)

Good luck with the repair..

John :)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Take it to Timpsons, they'll do the battery "for life" ( you get a card to take back when the battery goes again and they do it for free ) and pressure test it etc for about £20

Silvermans are and always have been, less than customer orientated. They charge absolute top whack for everything and don't give a toss about customers or after care.

I wouldn't touch them with a long pole, so you can imagine how pee'd off I was when my kid's bought me a new G10 for my birthday a few years back, from-you guessed it!:pirate:

good luck

Steve

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Silvermans are and always have been, less than customer orientated. They charge absolute top whack for everything and don't give a toss about customers or after care.

Ditto...rudest, most ignorant supply company I have ever had to ring about any order - and have never contacted them again...and never will.

...and once went in the Mile End shop - how dare I be so presumptious as to ask the staff a question while I was there!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
+1 for Timpsons, I've had a few watches done in there inc SWMBO's Tag Kirium...top service and the battery for life is cracking value

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
I am assuming you have a CWC G10 model? Try contacting these people, http://www.watchdoctors.co.uk/ they have done work for me in the recent past and their prices are reasonable.
They have a set price menu for battery and reseal but as you have a condensation problem they will probably need to have a look before giving you a price.

Good luck!

No affiliation.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Take it to Timpsons, they'll do the battery "for life" ( you get a card to take back when the battery goes again and they do it for free ) and pressure test it etc for about £20

I wouldn't touch them with a long pole, so you can imagine how pee'd off I was when my kid's bought me a new G10 for my birthday a few years back, from-you guessed it!:pirate:

good luck

Steve
Totally agree with this. I bought a repro sas smock from them, it arrived and the patch on the arm was round the wrong way and the buttons had been moved and had left damage. I rang them up and told them, the answer I got was "yes we know, they are all like it, and we moved the buttons" I said it was very poor, and tha no mention of the problem was stated on purchase or in description. The old boy said that yes he understood and maybe they should mention it in future. Hence now the description states that it has a unit modification believed to be a special forces mod. Cock and bull mate, its a batch of stock that has two right arms stitched onto every smock, one upside down so it can go on the left.
Expensive p*** takers resting on their laurels. Never again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE