Silly Bivvi Bag Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Having been washed out of my normally trusty vango banishee a couple of times last year, I'm thinking of getting a bivvi bag just in case so that I don't have to shelter under a bottle beer top. Looking at army surplus BUT do they have a zip or do you have to hop about like a solo three legged race participant and then try and crawl into the tent like a demented caterpillar once you've fallen over ?

Cheers

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Just curious, how did you get washed out of the banshee? Did the water come from above or below?

Like the others, I put the sleeping bag inside the bivvy first, then wriggle in from the top. If your bivvy has a zip in the same configuration as the bag, then that would simplify things obviously.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
In case you've seen no measurements, the artmy bivvy bag is pretty roomy so you shouldn't find it difficult to get in and you could probably unzip your sleeping bag at least half way down before/after you got in it.

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
i also own the very draughty banshee 200, i use a dutch bivi bag and my exped 7 mat and bag fit inside ,stops my bag getting damp and stops me sliding off the down mat.
fetting rid of my british bivi and dutch bivi as ive just bought the usa version of amazon.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
It's all much simpler than you'd think and just as easy when you've had a drink,even using a hammock.
i always use a bivy bag just in case,in bothies too.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Thanks for all the help folks and its amazing what you learn - never even thought of putting mat in the bag - ddooooohhhhh
For those who asked, the Banshee failed due to sheer volume of water (rain) and severe gales - don't know why but it seems to follow me about.

Think I've decided on the US one on amazon

Cheers

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE