SIGG good service

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Just a comment on SIGG UK customer service. I bought two SIGG metro mugs at the beginning of last year. Unbeknown to me, the one bought for my better half has never kept anything very hot.

So well after a year from buying it, I emailed SIGG UK about it.

I told them how old it was and that I had no idea where I had originally bought it. They asked me to send it to them for testing. A few days later I got an email saying they agreed it was faulty and a replacement would be sent direct from Switzerland. Delivery within 10 days.

About 10 days later a parcel arrived from SIGG but with a "Thermo" mug rather than a "metro" mug that it was meant to replace.

I emailed SIGG UK on Monday night, to tell them of the mistake, got an email on tuesday apologising and saying that SIGG Switzerland had been told to send out a Metro mug "express" post. And, that I could keep the £15 Thermo mug as an apology for them getting it wrong.

The repacement metro mug arrived today (thursday)

OK I know they sent me the wrong mug, but I'm still pretty impressed at how they dealt with the whole thing.

Graham

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good to hear good service still being offered by the larger companies.

It was probably cheaper for Sigg to let you keep the Thermo than send it back to Switzerland

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
It was probably cheaper for Sigg to let you keep the Thermo than send it back to Switzerland

Yep, I agree it was the common sense thing for them to do.

However, I have been asked to send back some ridiculous things in the past, by companies who don't seem to realise the financial and marketing advantages of saying "just keep" the one you have.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE