Sievi's Swedish Combat Boot

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Out of the two manufacturers of the Finnish combat boot m/05, Sievi is regarded the better as they had their contract renewed by the Finnish Defence Forces in 2010 after a long struggle against the other manufacturer, Jalas. Sievi also makes boots for the Swedish Army (see the link for photographs). The pattern is very similar to the Finnish m/05 but with added ski grooves and a bit thicker sole. I got my hands to a pair of "2nd quality" boots (with some minor surface imperfections) which cost me only 80 € a pair! I have previously own a pair of Jalas m/05s and during the next few weeks, before the winter really starts, I shall try to compare these with them.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Have you used the site in the Link?
I live next to their store, so I always go there in person. I know for a fact that their service is excellent and you can expect fine answers from them if you go through the trouble of sending them an email before the purchase. Their prices (e.g. for the Finnish m/05) are not always the cheapest but I do not know if all other Finnish shops are willing to ship outside Finland.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Hee hee. Loved the description on the site about a coat...
The guy running the business recently got a lot of attention when he started to sell "wifebeater" shirts with a Finnish name he directly translated from the English one. The whole site is worth going through just for laughs! They also have the best product photography studio I have ever seen for a mere surplus store.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
After consulting the product box, I came to a conclusion that my boots are called Marschkänga 90 or the marching shoe m/90.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Here are some initial experiences after a week or so use of the boots. I fit them according to the U.S Army instructions printed on T-M 10-228. That means I have enough room for a thin liner sock and a thick wool sock. This enables me to use the boots both during dry summer and autumn days. I will use rubber boots or pac boots for the other seasons and conditions. For the first kilometer the left boot's quarter was quite irritating as it rubbed against the feet but this was fixed afterwards. The laces that came with the boots are quite thin and I will have have them replaced with thicker ones. Otherwise I do not have much to complain at this point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE