side release buckle

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Can you not just unpick the loop, put on a buckle and stitch the loop back on? shouldn't take long.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Slotted Quick Attach Female SR Buckles
http://www.kifaru.net/kits.html
are these any use to you mate?

Specifically what side release buckle?

Airloc, Stealth, Europa, GT, Trovato, Warrior, ShockLoc, Apex, Cyberian, Jet, NX Lite, Onyx, Vector, World, Mojave, Monster, Rock Lockster?

They're all different, and only one or two come with a repair slot. You need to be more specific and more than likely you also need to get out a needle and thread.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Not sure I've seen a side release buckle slotted on both sides. Don't think ITW Nexus make them anyway.

Last edited:

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I suppose you could MAKE them slotted easily enough? not sure what that would do to the strength of it though.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nobody I know of makes them split on both ends; it's usually not needed as one end of most pack webbing treads through without being sewn.

That said, if you want to try to split it on your own, just remember to cut on a diagonal like they do in the picks of the ones you buy. They do it that way to keep it from working loose and falling off the webbing. Not sure what the strength will be with both ends split though.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Yea that's just what happens when you click on links [which is why I don't bother:)]

by the way if you really are in my house make sure you replace the beers ok... oh and feed the dogs n cats as well, cheers.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Arrrgh its driving me mental, someone posted a link to a supplier of material for tarps and other things? One was pointsnorth?

Pennine outdoor, Fabrics n stuff. Point-North is Pro-fabrics too :)

Theres lots of buckles and such from Extremtextil.com in Germany-much the same stuff but from different manufacturers.

It is not possible to unpick the webbing and resew it.

Bet it is.

The only buckles I have ever come across that have not just the common female slotted buckle but also the male as a slotted buckle are National Molding Stealth buckles. But finding them is tough, and the fact that Natl. Molding seems to be averse to selling their products in small quantities, even tougher.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE