Show us your smocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
RF, what material did you use for that smock below? Also that scott of the antarctic one,did you make or buy it? didn't you use that as some sub zero event in Sweden?
The smock below is a wool blanket and the scott smock is a swedish snow smock that i addepted for sweden it work very well.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I have an Extreme Outdoor Clothing Field smock made to measure by Keith at EOC as was the hood and a pair of salopettes with the removable bib at the back for use in my hammock together with tent booties & issue Arctic mittens I don't need my widened Cocoon (Ian Wanderinstar this forum) sleeping bag until just above freezing
The picture shown is from a review done in 2007 by Beer Monster on this forum.

I can't find any trace on line of Keith or Extreme Outdoor Clothing other than historical references. A great pity it's great gear ventable when temperature rises great at sub zero; I worked with guys who had used this gear in Scandinavian winters & recommended it to me

Beer Monsters report http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18622

CopyofImage3.jpg

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I like that a lot; do you have any details please?
It's an own-brand of a big outdoor company in Germany (meru by Globetrotter). Unfortunately they don't sell them anymore, I got one of the last ones on discount. It's a classic 65% polyester- 35% cotton mix. Zipper on the side so you can get it on and off easily. No insulation, but mine is big enough to wear a warm fleece underneath.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
It's an own-brand of a big outdoor company in Germany (meru by Globetrotter). Unfortunately they don't sell them anymore, I got one of the last ones on discount. It's a classic 65% polyester- 35% cotton mix. Zipper on the side so you can get it on and off easily. No insulation, but mine is big enough to wear a warm fleece underneath.

That's a shame; thanks anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE