Show us your Pukkoos.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got this in trade recently.

Limited edition knife remains unused. It comes with its own storage hinged box lined with Reindeer fur along with a purpose made sheath made in 3mm thick leather. The handle is made from curly birch and raindeer antler.

image_zpst3ozj9q2.jpeg

image_zpswdro5e8j.jpeg
\

http://5583.shop.textalk.se/knivar/damask-knivar/
Taken from the Karesvando website.

What is a Damaskblade?

Damaskblade or damascus / damascene-blades as it is known in English is the blade with excellent quality, produced after a special process in which, inter alia, mix different matrial and the bay that resulted steel is several times (pattern-welding). This is a process that has developed among others in the old japan and resuterar of steel by both the extremely high quality and aesthetic beauty. Damscus The name comes from the town of Damscus in the Middle East that is very well known for the blades as they made during the Middle Ages.

Our Damascus steel is of highest quality compared to all other Damascus steel in the world. The base of our Damascus is bespoke knife steel Rwl34. Our damascus steel also becomes Stainless when we hardens the steel and heat it exceeding 1080 degrees Celsius.
It is the company Damasteel in Sweden who produce the steel blank to us. This is a damascus steel that requires a two-ton hammer when it is forged, this also excludes the that a “village blacksmith” can produce such a leaf. Our damascus blade is made ​​to be used, they do not rust-like carbon steel damascus do.

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Lovely knife, have you got any karesuandos you use?

There is a video by Fire and Steel on YouTube of the workings of the karesuando factory. I enjoyed it though it's a long watch.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Nice knife!!

I smile a bit when reading that the village blacksmiths are excluded from producing damascus steel....our village blacksmith apparently did not get that memo :) ...that's marketing, I guess :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Lovely knife, have you got any karesuandos you use?

There is a video by Fire and Steel on YouTube of the workings of the karesuando factory. I enjoyed it though it's a long watch.

Thanks SP, yes, I did watch that, they get some great footage and have a very good understanding of what everything does in the factory dont they? Good vid!
Ive owned very similiar sized pukko's in the past, the £40 ones, and liked them. But I've become a convert of using superstels for bushcraft, elmax, 3v, and now this one, so, I dont know whether I'll use it, sell it, or what. I already have a skookum bush tool, which is a $500 pukkoo on steroids. I mean, how many knives does a man need!?

[video=youtube;wFebmUwz_wI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFebmUwz_wI[/video]

Nice knife!!
I smile a bit when reading that the village blacksmiths are excluded from producing damascus steel....our village blacksmith apparently did not get that memo :) ...that's marketing, I guess :)

Ah, right I see, they must buy their steel from damasteel then as well? I like the fact that its all swedish made. I'll check out yours, in February hopefully mate! [unless you have a photo now] :)

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Love that. Very unique. Like the carved antler or bone bit. Is that a burl handle? Mine looks pretty boring in comparison to a lot of pukkoos.

There's a sami guy who makes pukkoos but never sells them outside of kiruna where he lives. He's an old fellow, been dong it for years, and he always carves a wolverine on his handle. I forget his name, but his earlier work, knives from the seventies look very cool.
Does every bloke in Sweden own a pukkoo then?

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
It is stabilised spalted birch burl, reindeer antler, pewter and vulcan fiber (raw hide for the sheath)....and my first try at engraving.
Doing your own leaves a lot of room for the imagination :)
The blade is from the village blacksmith (also neighbour)

Could it be Järva-Per (Wolverine-Per)? Here is an example of his work (again, crappy pic):
jarvpaer_20cm_2556SEK.jpg

Many do have a pukkoo...but every? Nah....

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It is stabilised spalted birch burl, reindeer antler, pewter and vulcan fiber (raw hide for the sheath)....and my first try at engraving.
Doing your own leaves a lot of room for the imagination :)
The blade is from the village blacksmith (also neighbour)

Could it be Järva-Per (Wolverine-Per)? Here is an example of his work (again, crappy pic):
jarvpaer_20cm_2556SEK.jpg

Many do have a pukkoo...but every? Nah....

Hey Hey! Yeh thats the fellow.

Beautiful Pukkoos Alf.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE