Show us your Pukkoos.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
This is not just a Same kniv ( Same knife). This is ART.
Very cool leather painting!! I will have to try that!!

My latest wip:
FB_IMG_1467223960657_zpsqyr3ycoh.jpg

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Thanks, Janne.

The training wheels isn't off quite yet...I engraved the wrong side of the handle. Had another idea for that....but hey, there will be symetry , of sorts :) The back of the sheath dont allow for that kind of work due to marrow

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Well, if you engraved the wrong side ( too much hembraent?) You have created a Same kniv for Left Handers!
So make a sheath that is mirrored!
And a new knife for the existing sheath!

Thanks, Janne.

The training wheels isn't off quite yet...I engraved the wrong side of the handle. Had another idea for that....but hey, there will be symetry , of sorts :) The back of the sheath dont allow for that kind of work due to marrow

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Some nice blades on show here!

Here's my main user I handled a few years ago, though it's looking a lot more battered and bruised these days

HalfGoat Pukko by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Nice work Hamish simple but functional

What finnish did you use on that second handle Alf?

I was thinking of getting some cheaper blanks from HH to play with too.

Liam
The finish is an overnight soak in danish oil.
If you want some help give me a shout.

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Thanks Alf I might take you up on that when it comes to making the next sheath as my leather working is terrible. I can get it to function but it is not pleasing to the eye.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks Alf I might take you up on that when it comes to making the next sheath as my leather working is terrible. I can get it to function but it is not pleasing to the eye.

My first sheath is awful but I did improve a bit from there. I can help I think

I have done knifemaking with groups of Explorer Scouts here are some results

Explorer knives 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Explorer knives 6 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Mavericks knives 2012 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Mavericks knives in sheaths 2012 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Mavericks knives 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
OK so this isn't to Alf's standards but here is my very first forged knife its not pretty and I know its flaws but its a start :)

Its made out of a mystery steel but the heat treat worked.

soldierpmr-albums-random-tat-picture18867-image.jpg

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I have been looking for a puuko for quite some time but do not know who makes the best ones. There are some truly beautiful models shown here so, without wishing to hijack the thread, can anyone recommend me a good puuko? I am looking for a simply-handled one, ideally with a generous handle to cope with my long fingers; blade between 9 and 11cm; something that will be a user for many, many years to come... Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than gratefully received!

Many thanks.

Richard

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I have been looking for a puuko for quite some time but do not know who makes the best ones. There are some truly beautiful models shown here so, without wishing to hijack the thread, can anyone recommend me a good puuko? I am looking for a simply-handled one, ideally with a generous handle to cope with my long fingers; blade between 9 and 11cm; something that will be a user for many, many years to come... Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than gratefully received!

Many thanks.

Richard

Have a look on Lamnia for a good range, Moonraker also do some.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE