Show us yer iron!

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
It's a 48cm Murrikka skillet from Nordic outdoors in Edinburgh they are £60 but worth every penny we use it weekly as meat tastes fantastic. It sits up on three legs that screw into the bottom. To clean it all you do is leave it on the small fire and pour water on and let it boil them scrape off what's left. I would advise that you buy the storage bag as well as it keeps every thing together. http://www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/muurikka-skillets/muurikka-48.html

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
So this is actually iron (or maybe steel) rather than cast iron? The nordicoutdoor picture isn't very good. I don't see the legs there - are they attached, or is it a separate stand? I would love to see some more pictures if you have them.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Found their website. http://www.muurikka.se/kategori/stekhallar/ - it translates fairly well via Google translate. It is hot rolled steel, and they seem to sell quite a bit of nice kit. Says 22cm detachable legs - but how do they attach? Just stay in place using gravity, or do they screw in? What size is yours, 48 or 58?

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I love those Muurikka pans and sets on there website! Now where can I find some spare money to buy a pan set plus accessories!

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I'm thinking it would not be hard to make one of these if you had some sheet metal, and a plasma cutter :)

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
The whole point of the worked steel it the heat transfer is much better than mild steel or I wouldn't spend the cash also don't buy accessories I made my own with a pallet knife and blow torch.
6uva6azy.jpg
yqepeqym.jpg

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Round piece of 6mm steel, stick it over a hole in the ground, then get a Landy and drive over it. When sufficiently depressed (might need to do it a couple of times), remove, and drill two holes on each side to add some wire handles. Make up a stand out of rebar or similar. Might actually give this a go!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE