Shoes with lots of ventilation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm in the market for an extra pair of shoes to get out and about. Currently walking around on a pair of Hanwags (B/C category), though 6 out 10 times they're overkill: too warm, too heavy, etc.

So, I'm looking for a:
- pair of shoes (below the ankle; think 'bushcraft trainer' style ;))
- high grade of ventilation
- should withstand some rain
- lightweight
- laces
- soles with proper profile. No need for a hardcore profile like on outdoor boots, but more than on regular trainers if possible
- if possible being able to wear them casually would be great
- etc.

I'm unfamiliar with outdoor footwear, so any pointers, etc are most welcome :)

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
If you want lightweight lace ups you could consider something like the Mephisto or Gri Sport "walking shoes" - the ones with the very broad lacing. OK, I know they make you look like you are on an organised walking holiday through Bavaria but they look really comfy!

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
demotivation.us_See-those-little-holes-That-is-where-your-dignity-leaks-out_139954733624.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a couple of pairs of Hi-tec Owaka sandals, as they were on sale for just £10 a pair in Blacks last year, and Chris Townsend was walking in a pair.
He should know his footwear.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Old school desert boots. I use a pair of Clarks desert boots (leather, not suede) all summer and all the time at the 'moot. Perfect for me.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I tried a pair of merrell ventilator sandals at least I think that's what they were called. Like a open backed trainer with loads of vents. They were heavy, uncomfortable, hot sweat boxes. I threw them in the bin after a days wear as they were awful. And went back to my rogue and slip slop combination

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
I have inov-8 TERROC 330 very light, good ventilation great for "out and about"
For "hard work" but good ventilation Merrell Sawtooth.

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
:lmao: Cheers guys, though I'd only walk on flipflops on the beach - I don't do sandals.

Those Merrells look like they'll work. I'll try and find a store overhere to check them out in the flesh.

Cheers all goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE