Shoelace Geeks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've always found Baden Powell's method, mentioned in Scouting for Boys to be the perfect way of securing footwear and I've yet to find anything to surpass it in simplicity and speed of tying. I've also not been able to find a link on the web as a better description than "have a look in the book".

AYB

Ogri the trog

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
How about this for some fancy lacing then :D

My everyday boots.....

tonykarrimor300.JPG

tonykarrimir300a.JPG

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
To be fair with the guy, the Ian knot is great (I've been using it for a while now).

It also looks like I used to tie a granny knot in the past, which is why I've always relied on double knots. Nice to know what I was doing wrong.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
mark a. said:
To be fair with the guy, the Ian knot is great (I've been using it for a while now).

It also looks like I used to tie a granny knot in the past, which is why I've always relied on double knots. Nice to know what I was doing wrong.

Be fair...........Be fair............The guys a raving loony :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :aargh4: :togo: :lmao: :lmao:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Tony said:

My everyday boots.....

tonykarrimor300.JPG

tonykarrimir300a.JPG

My everyday boots have a green lace on one and a red lace on the other.

No, it's no so I can remember port and starboard,they're the wrong way round for that. :p

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Under the heading of “more lacing photographs" (sorry, I just had to look however ‘sad’) there is a detailed description of how to lace a boot for Bushwalks

Having studied this I cannot think of anything more inappropriate for walking through bracken or heather! Just look at how those ears sit-up proudly to welcome in all foreign matter!

Cheers

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Klenchblaize said:
Under the heading of “more lacing photographs" (sorry, I just had to look however ‘sad’) there is a detailed description of how to lace a boot for Bushwalks

Having studied this I cannot think of anything more inappropriate for walking through bracken or heather! Just look at how those ears sit-up proudly to welcome in all foreign matter!

Cheers

:nana: La.............La....................la.....la......I cant hear you......speak louder :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Tony said:

My everyday boots.....

tonykarrimor300.JPG

tonykarrimir300a.JPG

Bloody hell, that's terrible!! "I don't tie my laces, I just glue my footwear on!" I also have paracord if you need some Tone, can't have you bushcrafting in a "Stig of the Dump" stylee!

Back to that website, I only had a quick scan as it was hurting my head trying to figure out why it exists!! This caught my attention though :-

"How do you work out the required shoelace lengths for different lacing patterns? The mathematics involved can get pretty complicated. This section presents a Web-Based Calculator plus the underlying Shoelace Length Formulas to allow manual calculation."

What?!!!:rolleyes:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
heh easy on Tony's boots, there Karrimor KSB 100's (yes I am sad) if im not mistaken, a fine pair of boots! :lmao:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just one!

I've worn these boots non stop for 3 1/2 years and they've been brilliant. The leather lace was from Tommy when i had a breakage at the Moot in 2005, I’m very impressed with leather laces. My other one was a pair of laces that were too short so I cut them down and tied them together to make one lace, which broke, so I tied it again :D Then about 2 weeks ago the loop pulled off. The sole is slanting as well now and they're on the way out so i need to get a new pair.

KSB 300's!

The way I see it is that the laces hold my boot on just fine, so, I don't need new ones :D

Listen to you lot, the lace :cop: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE