Shelters!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Where do you find the land to do this on?!

I have perm on a couple of bits of land - one where I work at a Care Farm and Bushcraft is part of what I instruct/support people to take part in, another where I just asked the landowner if I could play in the woods they own.
Basically I have the run of about a square mile of woodland - but camping is restricted to a couple of smallish areas and harvesting greenwood is restricted.
Ask - and ye shall be given :)

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
Heres one i did a while back woke up at 3am put my head light on and the entire roof was covered with harvestmen, switched it off and tried to forget about it lol. Woke up to a 3 slug facial :-D

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
Me and a mate on a recent bushcraft course. Took about two hours to build (though the timber was presourced) and was nicely waterproof. We had a good downpour overnight to test it thoroughly!
Note the basha in the background, some folk weren't as confident in their shelters as we were (and maybe didn't have bivi bags ;) )
https://flic.kr/p/otG3F4

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Here's mine I build a few years back. Sadly it has been knocked down recently by the police believing it was a protesters camp. If they'd bothered to contact the land owner, they would have told them to leave it. Also to get off their land as it's private!!!!

all split, cut, drilled and pegged by hand. Many man hours lost.

photo.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Weather was quite mild for a Scottish feb or i'd have added sides, still had a nice parallel log fire infront though

attachment.php

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE