Shelter the last installmant.(pics)

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,well this is the last pics of the shelter. I topped the bed with dead Spruce branches for a springy mattress, then a dead Scots Pine branch with needles provided the pillow.

Anyway.

Mattress browse in place.
WOOP25.jpg

Pine pillow in place.
WOOP252.jpg

The shelter is now ready, for Wooplaw 25.
WOOP253.jpg

So all that was needed now was a bit of decorating, to make it feel homely.
WOOP255.jpg

A home from home.
WOOP254.jpg

As for the event itself, a good time was had by all.

It was good to catch up with fellow BCUKers,and make some new acquaintances.

And just spending some chill time in the woods,well that was just bliss.

Oh thanks for looking.
Cheers Stuart,

Last edited:

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
It looked really good Stuart, good to catch up with you and thanks again for the materials to make my bow drill.

Cheers Dave

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Joe and I saw this (and Stuart) at the Wooplaw 25th Weekend, the shelter looks great and the setting is fantastic.. Thanks for the bow and arrow talk!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very nice all round. Could do with a bow hanging from a tree branch as well as dome game ;)

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Thanks folks, it was good to catch up with old friends,and to make new acquaintances.

I have'nt yet had the chance to spend a full night in the shelter, but once it was thatched i did have the odd half hour catching z'ee's in it, it was just that comfy.

I am going to spend a full night in it,hopefully in the next couple of weeks, after all the effort i put in making it. I had to laugh though as some of the general public were worried that i was going to take it down, one woman said please don't take it down, as she planned to sleep out using it, so job done.

Thanks again

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE