Shed/workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I am also in the market for such a thing and have looked at similar

They are cheap but I fear too flimsy for my use as I would be spending a lot of time in it all year round and they are also a tad small as SWMBHO wants too see a lot of my accumulated treasures(garbage to her) stored in it

I am lucky in that I have some mates in the building trade and we are going to construct/ custom build a workshop or man cave complete with verandah
Depends what you want it for and how much space you have I suppose

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I'd suggest to build your own from scratch. Its not that difficult. You can make it exactly as you want it. You can normally get all the timber (3x2 or 4x2 studding and feather board or shiplap) from most used timber yards.

I've made a few this way, also skateboard half pipes for the kids.

Either concrete base, flagstones or raised structure on concreted posts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
I'm with swright81076 on this one, but you will have to have the time to do such a project, but if you finish such a project you usually enjoy the result for so long it would be so worth it.
Yours sincerely Ruud

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
What ever you decide on - make sure you get this sign:

man-shed1.jpg

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
My brother and I are already making plans to build a shed on the allotment from scavenged timber and bits and pieces. There is plenty of inspiration to be had from the variety of DIY shacks all around made from old doors, discarded window frames, bits of corrugated iron and whatever. There is even an old shipping container there.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
if you defiantly want wood then then i'd say either custom-build or self build is the way to go, those pre-pack jobs are cheap for a reason..

if however you want something that can be put up and/or taken down in a couple of hours with minimal hassle, wont rot and comes with a nifty 'light-strip' built into the roof apex check out >> Keters offerings << - sure their ugly (compared to a trad wood shed), but if you ever wanna move em they breakdown easily to flat pannels and go back up easy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE